Rod advice required

Hi guys, new to the forum so hello to everyone.

joined a 27 acre syndicate this year, good stock of fish and location is not too far from my new house. I've got a set of Nash Dwarf Abbreviated Rod's, 2.75tc along with Diawa's SS2600's that have done the business for me for me on local canals, small waters and park lakes however i'm in two minds whether purchase a set of 12ft's & New baitrunners, what do you guys think? Stick with the Dwarfs/SS2600's or simply purchase a 'Big pit set up' as such?

All the best

Mick

Hi mick, 

If you want or have to fish, at any sort of distance, yes get longer rods.

If there's a few swims where you don't need to cast as far as possible, then stick with what your confident with for the time being.

I believe that you need to feel comfortable and confident in approaching a new venue. 

Good luck, 🤞 

Hi, many thanks for the reply. 

From what I can gather from the bailiff, other anglers & trips round the lake, there’s plenty of marginal/short distance fishing to be had. 

I may have a feel with the lead this weekend and gather some information on what depths/features I can find on the bottom and judge it from there. I’m confident the Dwarfs will do the job, but there’s roughly 10 swims I’ve seen that make me think 12ft’s might be an option. 

Hoping to start fishing early March unless the weather picks up between, gives me a few weeks to think carefully about the approach/rod decision. 

Thank you 

Mick

27 acres is not necessarily Big Pit Time, on my 60 acre water I caught a lot of fish on 10000 size Baitrunners with 2.75lb rods. I knew I could only cast 90metres maximum with them using 15lb line, but it made me look for fish and I caught as many as those blasting to the horizon. Adding Big Pit reels added another 30metres!

As for rods, the longer rods give you greater distance casting.

19 hours ago, Mick21783 said:

Hi guys, new to the forum so hello to everyone.

joined a 27 acre syndicate this year, good stock of fish and location is not too far from my new house. I've got a set of Nash Dwarf Abbreviated Rod's, 2.75tc along with Diawa's SS2600's that have done the business for me for me on local canals, small waters and park lakes however i'm in two minds whether purchase a set of 12ft's & New baitrunners, what do you guys think? Stick with the Dwarfs/SS2600's or simply purchase a 'Big pit set up' as such?

All the best

Mick

Would probably look at 13ft rods your definitely have all bases covered then .

Welcome to the forum 😎