Nash Triggalink

carpingod150

Guest Anonymous

I've got some & have used it once but have never caught on it.

The concept is good & I can't see that it wouldn't work which is why I'm making the effort this year to try things such as the TriggaLink.

This is seriously good stuff. Don't forget that it shrinks by a third so I tie up 6 inches of TL to 2 inches of silkworm so once it's been out there for a short while I've basically got a 6 inch link. I think if you fish it shorter than this you may begin to nullify the elasticity effect which obviously isn't the point.

I prefer to fish it combi style although I've known guys fish it straight through. You can tie it safely with a waterknot or something similar or if it makes you feel better use a small rig ring.

One thing you must do is rub some kind of tungsten putty or even mud from the lake into the link and put one or two blobs of putty on the link to aid with the camo effect and sink the link. I have seen on other forums guys reject TL because of it's buoyancy. That's their loss. Just take a couple of seconds to do what I've recommended and you're sorted.

Nashy claims your take rate will go up 30% and Lord knows how he worked that out but I've used Triggalink since the day it hit the shops and it has outfished other trusted rigs in all kinds of circumstances.

The only time it let me down was on a trip to France. The fishing was very hard and my other favourite rig outfished it. Couldn't explain why.

Guest Anonymous
sounds good to me how much does it cost

I bought mine off fleabay for about a tenner (or just over I think) for a 20m (?) spool. Sorry but it's in the darkest depths of my garage at the moment so it's all guess work.

will this work on a running rig as i got the impression it was best fished on a bolt rig.

How about the fact that Running Rigs are not often publicised in the magazines full stop. The only thing to do is to try it and compare the results between the 2

i think it would work better on a bolt rig because the theory is that it streches and then springs back hooking the carp. for the rig to stretch it needs to be pulling against a weight if you no what i mean if its on a running rig when the carp pulls it instead of stretching just pull the leadcore/tubing .if you get me :?

I use triggalink on a bolt rig, on 1 of my rods. it's working well so far :wink: I usually get 30 seconds worth of bleeps on the alarm, before the screamer hits. I get the impression that the carp is confused by the rig. So sit on your hands, & wait for it to run properly :)

I have been using Trigga for about 2 months now and can honestly say that I am impressed with it. Have had none of the BEEP BEEP youve been done moments that I have on my usual rigs.

I use it as a combi link in conjunction with a bit of stifflink. The Trigga is 12-18" long (to allow for stretch) with a 3" piece of stifflink tied into a D-rig. A lot more fancy than I usually go for but after a 10 hour session with both rods fished tight to some reeds the Trigga was the only one to produce on the day.

Every run that I had was on trigga where as my normal braided hooklinks didnt get a sniff. Rods where both fished within a foot of each other with Tungsten tubing, flying backleads on slack lines with two 15mm mainline strawberry zests on the hair. Fed little and often through the day,firing a mixture of swim stim and boillie out. Tried swapping location of the rods over to see if that made a difference and still nothing on the usual rigs.

Tried longer/ shorter hooklinks and hairs, as well as bolt and heli. Altered lead weight and hooksize all to no effect.

Dont get me wrong I have caught on the most basic rig that you can tie but on slow days or harder waters where the fish are rig wary I feel that it has given me an edge.

My opinion and more than open to debate.

Tight Lines Matt

• 1 year later...

i dont think its the elatsic properties that actually hooks the fish although it may well be, for it to work in this way the link must be tightened against the lead and i dont beleive in most cases unless you using a link of around 2-4 inches (stretches to 30% more) this is actually happening.

my experiance with it is it acts as a buffer and when the hook turns and flips it is then pulled in deeper as the lead comes in to play, it is much harder for the fish to rid itself of the rig and it also keeps the hook in better as it cushions the rolls and shakes of head better than the non stretch varieties.

• 2 weeks later...