Getting done

LACarper

His everyone, not been on here in a while. I've started fishing a lake of around 8 acres in size. It holds around 60 carp. I found the fish and was confident of a bite, I believe I had a fish pick me up several times over my session because of a series of beeps. I don't think they were liners. I was fishing to a gap on an island and using a hinge rig with semi stiff braid boom. I believe my boom section was long enough to accommodate for the silty bottom. Would it help if I was to change the boom section to a stiffer material that can still accommodate the silt, like esp ghost? 

Hello Esmin

I'm surprised you haven't had a reply , maybe your post got buried / decent weather / Bank Holiday .

My opinión , for what it's worth , is yes change to a stiffer Boom Section .

Have you read the post " Pop - Up Advice " ? ; for example Greekskii 's rig is sitting up very proud - Atomic Chod Wyre .

I have no experience of ESP Ghost , Korda products would be more readily available .

:)

On 06/05/2018 at 10:00, crusian said:

Hello Esmin

I'm surprised you haven't had a reply , maybe your post got buried / decent weather / Bank Holiday .

My opinión , for what it's worth , is yes change to a stiffer Boom Section .

Have you read the post " Pop - Up Advice " ? ; for example Greekskii 's rig is sitting up very proud - Atomic Chod Wyre .

I have no experience of ESP Ghost , Korda products would be more readily available .

:)

No not seen the advice but will take a look thanks ☺ 

16 minutes ago, esminthecarper said:

Not sure to be honest. If it is what can I do? 

When you lift up to reel in ,was the lead stuck & you had to pull a bit to get it moving? This is plugging. 

Not always a bad thing as it can nail bigger fish  , but smaller fish or bream etc can give you what you experienced .

If you don't want it to be plugged , once you feel the lead down just gentle pull it free straight after. 

On 07/05/2018 at 13:47, chillfactor said:

When you lift up to reel in ,was the lead stuck & you had to pull a bit to get it moving? This is plugging. 

Not always a bad thing as it can nail bigger fish  , but smaller fish or bream etc can give you what you experienced .

If you don't want it to be plugged , once you feel the lead down just gentle pull it free straight after. 

You learn something new every day on this forum. :D

On 4 May 2018 at 19:16, esminthecarper said:

His everyone, not been on here in a while. I've started fishing a lake of around 8 acres in size. It holds around 60 carp. I found the fish and was confident of a bite, I believe I had a fish pick me up several times over my session because of a series of beeps. I don't think they were liners. I was fishing to a gap on an island and using a hinge rig with semi stiff braid boom. I believe my boom section was long enough to accommodate for the silty bottom. Would it help if I was to change the boom section to a stiffer material that can still accommodate the silt, like esp ghost? 

It could be the gap is a known 'danger area', where carp are often targetted, so are particularly wary of rigs. 

It could be that your 'slightly supple' boom is sticking up from the bottom, whereas a totally soft braid could confuse them.

It is possible that by going softer your hooklink doesn't stick up out of the silt compared to the coated braid near the knot.

(Before anyone says anything targetted is the correct British spelling, single t is an Americanism)

On 04/05/2018 at 19:16, esminthecarper said:

Hello Esmin

Just rereading this Post .

Have any of the suggestions helped you land any Carp ? .

😃

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/05/2018 at 15:15, salokcinnodrog said:

It could be the gap is a known 'danger area', where carp are often targetted, so are particularly wary of rigs. 

It could be that your 'slightly supple' boom is sticking up from the bottom, whereas a totally soft braid could confuse them.

It is possible that by going softer your hooklink doesn't stick up out of the silt compared to the coated braid near the knot.

(Before anyone says anything targetted is the correct British spelling, single t is an Americanism)

That's a different idea I could try that. I have a korda braid that is uncoated that might do the trick