Baiting Pole

On 02/04/2018 at 12:27, greekskii said:

And if you havent BC could you do a picture guide when you do. 

One question. How do you ensure you rig lays out as you would hitting the clip? 

Two bits of rig foam back to back will see your rig stay upright for a while. I always cast out my multi rig this way and with a semi stiff hooklengh and a flattish bottom my rig is presented perfectly. I checked it too many times in the margin for it not too.😉

I attach my foam ‘Julian Cundiff’ style and it does exactly what you want it to do. 😎

1 hour ago, snowmanstevo said:

Two bits of rig foam back to back will see your rig stay upright for a while. I always cast out my multi rig this way and with a semi stiff hooklengh and a flattish bottom my rig is presented perfectly. I checked it too many times in the margin for it not too.😉

I attach my foam ‘Julian Cundiff’ style and it does exactly what you want it to do. 😎

I get that, I religiously use two bits of foam in pva mesh with the hook inbetween

On ‎16‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 09:42, rob79 said:

BTW, B.C. Any updates? CHEERS!

Sorry Rob, just haven't had time mate...… But couldn't stop thinking about it when I lapped a local lake yesterday, where I saw so many situations where a pole could/should be used..... Hopefully sometime next week I'll have put it together as best I can...… The thing you have to realise is that it it was it is, ie, it will do the job, but will have a few flaws compared to £150 shop bought version.

• 1 month later...
On ‎16‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 10:29, greekskii said:

BTW, B.C. Any updates? CHEERS!

To be fare...…. I was hoping this thread would fade away into the archives lol...… Made a rod for my own back, pardon the pun...…. I'm just going to use it , as is, with a small pot attachment on one end.. (I'll get to that in the next week or so with pics, seeing as yoiu've given me a nudge)……… Got so much to do by the end of this month , that time is an issue. Plus , when I have got out, i'm fishing so close in, that the baiting pole hasn't entered my head,  

17 minutes ago, B.C. said:

To be fare...…. I was hoping this thread would fade away into the archives lol...… Made a rod for my own back, pardon the pun...…. I'm just going to use it , as is, with a small pot attachment on one end.. (I'll get to that in the next week or so with pics, seeing as yoiu've given me a nudge)……… Got so much to do by the end of this month , that time is an issue. Plus , when I have got out, i'm fishing so close in, that the baiting pole hasn't entered my head,  

no worries mate. I should be moving in to my house at the end of the month so will give making one a bash at some point!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I hadn't seen this thread until now, this sounds like something I would like to try and make, 

Had an idea about the stiffness could you not place some lower diameter pipe or maybe a length of cane inside the pipe and use the foam to lock it in place as well? This may just stiffen it up enough, only major downside is the added weight 

19 hours ago, dayvid said:

Many on my syndicate have tried all manor of different things with varying degrees of success , but in the end they buy a purpose made carbon pole .

I still think there is something more satisfying about using something you have made yourself though, I love watching Dave lanes blog for that reason, he is always cutting things down or making things that are fit for a specific purpose that's proper carping to me 

On 28 August 2019 at 08:57, elmoputney said:

I still think there is something more satisfying about using something you have made yourself though, I love watching Dave lanes blog for that reason, he is always cutting things down or making things that are fit for a specific purpose that's proper carping to me 

Years ago for me it was making needles and monkey climbers, an adaption on my original Gardner pod to take my monkey climber bar, and spods.

The baiting pole or even permanent marker sticks shouldn't be a problem while there is such thing as plastic conduit.

• 10 months later...
On 26/04/2018 at 21:42, B.C. said:

Totally agree mate... I rushed it a bit and there were deffo some air locks in their....  Might need a line of tiny holes along them to ensure the foam can expand fully inside and let the air out........ I'm open to suggestions lol :)

Maybe a length of bamboo cane in the middle of the conduit before the expanding foam. Just an idea. I've not made one myself but have been thinking about it for a while.