FOX RX +

I see Fox have brought out their new Flagship alarm replacing the old NTXr at a cheaper price than the NTXr.......The....... RX + .. I like everything about these alarms

From what i have read and seen i may well buy a set and put the TXi s in storage  ,Delkim you surly are lagging behind.

https://www.foxint.com/home/product/rxplus-bite-alarm

3 hours ago, dayvid said:

I see Fox have brought out their new Flagship alarm replacing the old NTXr at a cheaper price than the NTXr.......The....... RX + .. I like everything about these alarms

From what i have read and seen i may well buy a set and put the TXi s in storage  ,Delkim you surly are lagging behind.

https://www.foxint.com/home/product/rxplus-bite-alarm

If the NTXr was so good why did it need replacing?

Cheaper price may mean cheaper components that don't work so well, not so good, or it may mean some cheap child sweat shop in the Middle East.

I like Delkim because they stick with the same alarm and don't constantly change it.

Part of the reason I will never change to a Fox alarm is because they keep changing the range every few years.

Next thing Delkim is a British family owned business, and the alarms are made in the UK, so as far as i'm concerned, Delkim are ahead by far.

I've never known any mid to high end alarms pack up and have problem like Delkims. Delkims are the poorest top end alarms imo. The fox NTXr used military grade lynx components. Rarely hear people haveing problems with fox alarms even the cheap ones. imo opinion fox best alarms on market. Wish i could afford the NTXrs but  personally have atts and there more reliable than Delks at half the price. Id have thought fox have brought new ones out because we live in a world that driven by marketing.

27 minutes ago, LJC carper said:

I've never known any mid to high end alarms pack up and have problem like Delkims. Delkims are the poorest top end alarms imo. The fox NTXr used military grade lynx components. Rarely hear people haveing problems with fox alarms even the cheap ones. imo opinion fox best alarms on market. Wish i could afford the NTXrs but  personally have atts and there more reliable than Delks at half the price. Id have thought fox have brought new ones out because we live in a world that driven by marketing.

Got a set of mk1 delks. Only problems I've had are when I ripped my battery connection point off my receiver by accident and when one of the Y bars got damaged on a take fishing to snags. Both my fault. Not the alarms. Newer version yeah, apparently waterproofing issues. I've never met anyone who has had this issue though. Everyone just knows a mate that has! 

1 hour ago, LJC carper said:

Never had a problem with my Delkims, other than my own stupidity, like leaving flat batteries in, or breaking the battery connection wire,  even then the repair was cheap and quickly done by Delkim. Purchased I think in 2000, still working, still on my buzzer bars, or banksticks for pike fishing.

Oh yes, my nice carp alarms get battered and bruised, covered in mud while pike fishing as well.

Please don't make me laugh about Fox alarms, I have worked in tackle shops since 1995, and the most returned faulty alarms were Fox, number of Delkims returned were minimal, in fact I honestly can't think of any.

Do your Atts have vibration sensing?

No? Not so reliable then are they:wink:

The number of fish I have caught on semi-fixed leads when I have not had a proper run from the vibration sensing, when line movement is just noticeable, and you can put the sensitivity down enough so that ignores waves, but still picks up fish indication. With almost all other alarms you have to have a proper run, or dropback.

What is the big saying?

Oh yes, 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'.

Because Delkims aren't broken they have no need to try to fix or bring out a new alarm. Saying that, even then, they managed to bring out the more budget EV range, which is still better than most other alarms on the market.

Maybe because Fox is broken they need to bring out a new range every few years, or maybe its because they want to con you out of more money. Money, which to be honest, you have no need to spend if you have a proper decent set of alarms in the first place.

My atts alarms have never had any issues. That makes them reliable, along with the fact that if the line moves, the alarms beep. Unless it's rain or waves etc moving or 'rocking' the line. The atts recognises this and eliminates false beeps. 

Dunk them under water, they still work. Try that with a delkim! Lol 

1 hour ago, nigewoodcock said:

My atts alarms have never had any issues. That makes them reliable, along with the fact that if the line moves, the alarms beep. Unless it's rain or waves etc moving or 'rocking' the line. The atts recognises this and eliminates false beeps. 

Dunk them under water, they still work. Try that with a delkim! Lol 

I wouldn't be stupid enough to dunk any  alarm underwater, but actually according to Delkim, even if they do get dropped in, if they get dried out properly in a warm environment they will work.

If you are unlucky enough to drop your precious Delkim in the water, quickly switch off and remove the battery and try to shake out most of the water through the holes in the bottom. Leave them somewhere warm to dry out naturally and don’t be tempted to dry them out over your stove and melt them. A couple of hours of drying should have them working again unless you’re very unlucky in which case a bit more heat may be needed to drive out the moisture.”

As for reliable, an alarm is only totally reliable if it gives you full indication, and at times, that is the vibration indication from a take that you will not get on a roller wheel alarm. A roller wheel totally reliable? What happens if it gets frozen still? That is lost indication, which makes it not totally reliable.

The vibration sensing rocker switch ir whatever it is called is reliable, never had one fail myself, on runs, dropbacks or vibrations.

Delkim also offer a 2 year guarantee, of their reliability.

I've fished in some very cold, sub zero conditions. Never had the roller wheel freeze up. It may do in future but I can't see it if never happened in the conditions I've fished in. 

Fot the delkim to pick up a bite that wouldn't move the roller wheel the small amount needed to give a beep, it would have to be on a pretty high sensitivity? No good if there's a breath of wind or a drop of rain as I would guess you would be getting false bites. The way I have heard people get over this is by turning the sensitivity down, doing away with any improvement in indication over an atts. 

I'm really disappointed with this new RX+. As far as I can tell the only feature that might make any difference in an angling situation is the increased clearance around the wheel to prevent freezing (which has happened to me!).

Ultimately it's just another roller alarm, the same as any other that's been released in the last 20 years.

Oh, and they look horrible.

3 hours ago, LJC carper said:

Also make sure you follow nicks guide if your  delks get a soaking it will only take a few hours for them to maybe work again that's if you have an airing cupboard on the bank with you. 

Don't be facetious:shock:

Last week was torrential rain at times, my Delks got a soaking, never let me down.

Sure the vibration sensor was different to Optonics, and not being funny, when I owned Optonics I was constantly wishing they were more sensitive. I went from two vane wheels to four vane, then 12 vanes in them. I think at one point i had made vanes out of milk bottle tops!

Fishing over particles I do find the maximum sensitivity useful. A single bleep can be a fish. On the Optonics I had a couple of bite-offs when they simply weren't sensitive enough.

I would much rather pay for the privilege of using a British made product, from a British owned company, which has lasted, than some imported goods from China which may well have been made in some sweatshop. That is a genuine privilege which I am happy to support.

4 hours ago, oscsha said:

The thing is the system Delkims use only exists due to the patents at the time , they couldn't use a roller so had to come up with another solution a good one maybe to sensitive probably.

Don't think that's accurate buddy. Pretty sure anyone can make and sell a roller alarm as no patent was applied for before several firms had already built one. Delks vibratory system is however patented and the patent is rock solid - in fact I understand the reason Fox, Ace and others had to do away with their vibration sensing roller systems was they still infringed on Delks patent.

I was hoping Fox had found a way round that on this new alarm. If they had, I'd have bough them. A roller with vibration sensing is the closest you can get to a do-everything alarm IMO but the ones that were made are getting on now; poor battery life and receiver range etc....

Optonic owned the patent  hence why no one else produced alarms until the patent had run out from memory around 1992 , the flood gates then opened hence the amount of alarms on the market . As soon as the patent run out the big boys of the time i.e Shakespeare , Daiwa , Fox all started to produce roller alarms .

14 minutes ago, Ginger9991 said:

I like the feature of the the receiver lighting up the bivvie if theres more then x amount of beeps. I wont buy them, im happy with my little solaces but thats a feature i would be after if i had to replace mine!

I've now got an image of flashing  bivvies on a runs water :)

On 10/2/2017 at 18:03, Big Common said:

My current RX digi's are 15yrs old and work fine

Quality alarms mate!

If I had the money spare, I wouldn't hesitate to buy the NTXR's

Also decent, they're what I'm using.

These new RX+....... just a small, black roller alarm.

Agree, disappointing.... they do nothing of value that ours don't.