The Colder Days

7 hours ago, banjojohn said:

Hi All ,

I'm sure its going to get colder from now on and wondered what clothing you'd recommend , I remember having an all in One 16 Years ago which was warm , but more so looking 

for warm and maybe waterproof , do they still make the all in one suits anymore ? , 

Many Thanks :) 

i do layers rather than all in one, layers are (below 10 deg) tee shirt & boxers, thin jersey top and shorts, hoody and joggers then zipped hoody and combats, 2xpair sox (1 x knee length boot sock) + in my bag i carry a thin waterproof jacket and trousers incase of rain but at any given time i can remove a layer or two.

if you have an all in one on you cant put much underneath, i found anything more than undies and you were soaked with sweat after ten mins, after you got warm you have nothing to take off unless you wanted to run round in your skidders :lol:

17 hours ago, banjojohn said:

Thanks Everyone , good old layers still work the best by the looks of it :) , think I'll get some long johns and then pack a bag of jumpers etc and by some cheap waterproofs which are a size or 2 too big to allow for clothing :) 

Thanks again All ... Always helpful on here :)

Jogging bottoms under combat trousers, or combat trousers and Hoggs of Fife Field Pro Strathmoor trousers over the top.

http://www.cherrytreecountryclothing.com/hoggs-of-fife-strathmoor-trousers/

T-shirt and Fleece, or my latest is t-shirt with British Army Cold weather top over that with zip fleece and then combat jacket if cold, although I have been looking at the jacket from Hoggs to match the trousers

For boots i'm on TFG https://www.totalfishinggear.co.uk/buy.cfm/boots/tf-gear-extreme-green-and-rockhopper-boots/39/no/54644

Another tip is to eliminate draughts.... wear a scarf or shemagh, tuck your joggers into your socks or get a pair of boot gaiters... don't wear trainers.... get a good pair of boots, preferably thermal types that you can get in and out of quickly... after lugging your gear to your swim/pitch & setting up you'll be sweating cobs... take off your boots and put on a fresh pair of dry socks...  and some dry clothes... it don't half make a difference...! 

I wear thermals bottom half then combats, then goretex over trousers cos no matter how hard you try mud always creeps up the inside of ya legs! Thermal wellie socks over my thermals, all tucked into some field boots or thermal wellies. Top is a norgie, then an army jumper, then a hoody, this year as its new my snugpak softie then a goretex jacket. Obviously a wooly number on my fat head!

I love my hoodies but they are not the one in winter, waste of a layer IMO. micro-fleece and fleece all the way with a decent Goretex type jacket on top is the one.

1 hour ago, phil dalts said:

my snugpak softie

What do you think of it Phil? I've been looking at their SJ6 and SJ9 jackets, look nice. I got their sleeping bag and have to say it's brilliant.