Bivvy Waterproofer

1 hour ago, Richard713 said:

Can anyone recommend a spray or liquid I can apply to my Bivvy? Water isn't running off as good as it used to do, that said it's not the best bivvy in the world but hoping there might be a decent liquid I can apply ?

I have done mine a couple of times works a treat. sometimes the pound shops will have small cans of spray on dubbing, if i can get that i will use it, they rarely stock it though and they will of put all the camping gear away until next spring.

Go out doors would be next on my list, they do a few different brands both spray on or brush, i'd go with the cheapest option, as it will work just fine. 

For nylon shelters use Fabsil. For breathable materials e.g. Aquatex use Fabsil Gold.

For any winter skins that will fit in the washing machine you can get Nickwax wash-in waterproofer, not quite as good as Fabsil but easier and cheaper.

All this stuff works on waterproof clothing, waterproof sleeping bag covers etc.... and it is well worth doing.

14 hours ago, dayvid said:

Fabsil or Fabsil Gold , gold is more expensive 

I use ordinary Fabsil good for a couple of seasons .

IMG_1628.JPG

I confess to being a lazy git, so I nearly always leave waterproofing until I am on the bank. Check the weather, dry day and a can or two of Fabsil, bivvy up and spray.

1 hour ago, Richard713 said:

It only cost 80 quid so I doubt it's breathable.

Defo nylon bud.

5 minutes ago, finchey said:

Could anyone tell me if the aerosol version of this product is any good or am I better with the stuff you mix.

The aerosol is decent, I use it for smaller items. You'll probs juts about get away with a single can for a brolly.

8 minutes ago, yonny said:

Defo nylon bud.

The aerosol is decent, I use it for smaller items. You'll probs juts about get away with a single can ftor a brolly.

Cheers yonny,

I'll give it a blast my brolly has never been treated and it's 15+ years old.

I think it might be ready. :lol:

Saying that it's never let me down.

Edited by finchey
Spelling.

On ‎13‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 09:26, finchey said:

Could anyone tell me if the aerosol version of this product is any good or am I better with the stuff you mix.

I only have a 60" oval so I thought a couple of aerosols would do me.:D

If you look at my photo you will see a pump to pressurise type sprayer , and 5L of Fabsil , this is by far the best way to apply it , i doubt 2 cans will be adequate to be honest .

Go Outdoors were selling 5L for around £33 or 1L £13 ,hence i bought 5L

16 minutes ago, dayvid said:

If you look at my photo you will see a pump to pressurise type sprayer , and 5L of Fabsil , this is by far the best way to apply it , i doubt 2 cans will be adequate to be honest .

Go Outdoors were selling 5L for around £33 or 1L £13 ,hence i bought 5L

I've just ordered 5L of standard fabsil from eBay for £25. Where did you get your spray bottle from? Looks a good one that!!