Quick dissolving rig nuggets....

6 hours ago, smufter said:

Can anybody recommend some that dissolve pretty quickly.

I tried some out the other day (Solar) and they seemed to take ages to dissolve.

I didn't squeeze them on too hard, but were taking like 10 minutes or so to do their thing.......

my wife does a lot of product testing and so we get a lot of parcels delivered, (bear with me here cos here comes the best bit) some of these parcels are packed with pva nuggets and guess what!! they are multi coloured, they are just the right size (40mmx10mm), they melt off fast (last week timed to under 20 seconds) and best of all they are free, free, FREE i tell you :lol::lol:

18 hours ago, cyborx said:

some of these parcels are packed with pva nuggets

Yup, a lot of the parcels delivered to my work are packed with the same, that's where I get mine from.

Useless info: it's not actually PVA, it's maize/starch based.

There's two types, one has a strong chemically taste (no good) and the other is the good stuff. Go through the packaging companies and you'll get hold of them for next to nothing. It's one of the highest carp-taxed items out there. A supplier to my work was offering 15 cubic ft bags for less than 15 quid.

4 hours ago, yonny said:

Yup, a lot of the parcels delivered to my work are packed with the same, that's where I get mine from.

Useless info: it's not actually PVA, it's maize/starch based.

There's two types, one has a strong chemically taste (no good) and the other is the good stuff. Go through the packaging companies and you'll get hold of them for next to nothing. It's one of the highest carp-taxed items out there. A supplier to my work was offering 15 cubic ft bags for less than 15 quid.

yep!! i reccon i have got near enough a lifetime supply and all for nothing :lol:

that is a useful bit of useless info Yonny, i let one dissolve on my tongue once and wondered why it left a floury aftertaste :wink:

3 hours ago, Big Common said:

I've always used the Gardner ones. TBH, I think it depends how you attach them. I only wet a tiny bit and either wrap it onto itself or touch it onto another nugget. Once this part melts underwater, the rest just bobs to the surface.

I found the gardner nuggets a bit big and the nylon zip always busts on me

so now I use the taska nuggets

I go mental with the stuff, the lakes I fish are so weedy I completely encase the hook, one nugget either side, wet and stuck together firmly while trying not to crush the ends so they maintain buoyancy. I need it to stay on all the way down to the deck and prefer it to suspend the hookbait temporarily before melting off. Not bothered about residue, my hook baits are normally either white or fluoro anyway.

10 hours ago, greekskii said:

pva mesh two bits

Good tip that, I used to do that but got bored of having to tie another every time I got a cast wrong (which is frequently lol...).....

On 11 September 2017 at 13:09, cyborx said:

yep!! i reccon i have got near enough a lifetime supply and all for nothing :lol:

that is a useful bit of useless info Yonny, i let one dissolve on my tongue once and wondered why it left a floury aftertaste :wink:

Same here, I got loads from work, although as I flogged a load on ebay I am now down to my last carrier bag full I think.

3 hours ago, smufter said:

Are these the right fella's????

I'm not sure bud.... they are defo starch based but it doesn't mention maize. Might be worth asking for a sample, you'll know straight away if it's the right one by taste. The good stuff is pretty much tasteless, the bad stuff has a bitter burning taste as it melts.

On 15 September 2017 at 08:49, yonny said:

I'm not sure bud.... they are defo starch based but it doesn't mention maize. Might be worth asking for a sample, you'll know straight away if it's the right one by taste. The good stuff is pretty much tasteless, the bad stuff has a bitter burning taste as it melts.

Maize is our UK term, corn is USA term, both refer to maize I think you will find. Unfortunately we tend to stick in the US term instead of the actual name we understand.