Two man bivvy

Looking to buy a "two man" bivvy. I've got a Solace 60" HD brolly for quick overnighters and day sessions which is fine, but want something a little more substantial as I am thinking of doing a weeks drive 'n survive next year.

I don't want to spend a fortune as it's only going to be used once in a blue moon, and the idea of a two man is that I'm going to have a lot more room if used on my own (likely) but if push comes to shove I could squeeze another bedchair in in an "emergency".

The two I've seen are the JRC Contact 2 man, which I can pick up for just over £100.00 new from Eric's Angling

http://www.ericsangling.co.uk/index.php/bivvies-and-brollies/bivvies/jrc-contact-bivvy-1-man-2014-version.html

or the NGT "Fortress" 2 man, which is about £20.00 more. The thing I like about the Fortress is that it has the additional two windows in the sides, and a ventilation window in the back.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/i48/Large-Carp-Bivvy-Fortress-Style-Heavy-Groundsheet/B00OQPYGK0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1501914435&sr=8-2&keywords=ngt+bivvy

Any thoughts, or other recommendations???

As I say, I don't want to spend much more than I've indicated, and I really do want a "two man" jobbie.

Rob

1 hour ago, chillfactor said:

Without knowing anything about either or seing one in the flesh ..... But just looking at the spec on the links you put up , I would definitely head towards the jrc far higher HH rating .

Appreciate what you are saying CF, but I'm not a winter fisherman and am only likely to use this during the Summer months. I know you can't guarantee decent weather, even in July/August, but as I say I'm not going to be venturing out during the traditional "downpour" months.

If you can fella find a few more quid the sti twin skin (god knows what no.) has got the vents, in good weather i dont use the winter skin. You can see the stars etc. Other anglers often comment how good it looks, for £200(erics angling) it"s as good as bivvies twice the price. No condensation, packed away wet no probs, zips & peg tags all designed to last.

6 minutes ago, commonly said:

If you can fella find a few more quid the sti twin skin (god knows what no.) has got the vents, in good weather i dont use the winter skin. You can see the stars etc. Other anglers often comment how good it looks, for £200(erics angling) it"s as good as bivvies twice the price. No condensation, packed away wet no probs, zips & peg tags all designed to last.

Thanks for the tip Commonly. I'm not ready to buy yet (Missus is possibly treating me for Christmas) so I'll take my time looking around, and if I see one I fancy I may well chuck a few more quid at it to get what I want. But as I say, not worth spending an absolute fortune as my 60" brolly suits for 95% of my fishing.

This carp fishing lark dont get cheaper mate. It seems you always need/want something else/ better. 

I cant even buy bait without a few other bits & bobs, before you know it you've done 40-50 quid.

Sounds like you've got the right idea. Try some of the shows, carp society is around xmas, you can usually get a bargain there.

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/172811400180?_mwBanner=1

It would seem most tackle shops have sold out 75 quid on the bay. Cant say enough how good this bivvy is with twin skin, unlike the one you're looking at so you will end up with condensation etc.

Look at the write up on this

https://www.anglingdirect.co.uk/jrc-sti-twin-skin-mk2

I see some shops with it still in stock are charging 380 odd!!!!

Edited by commonly

Apart from the hood mate its no better. Quick look says its 5kg heavier, never heard of the brand but who knows. I did like the hood look.but the ones i went in at a show were lower head height being 6ft & 16 odd stone i like a bit of room to move so went for the jrc as seemed bigger. Im sure theres loads out there fella

4 minutes ago, snoozer said:

Bivvy and wrap deal Smufter at £209.99 is spot on :)

I know you're going to think I'm stupid but I won't bother with the wrap Snoozer.

I won't ever fish during the winter months, when a wrap is more useful, I am literally going to use this one for my weeks drive 'n survive holidays and they are always taken during the "summer" months.

2 hours ago, smufter said:

I know you're going to think I'm stupid but I won't bother with the wrap Snoozer.

I won't ever fish during the winter months, when a wrap is more useful, I am literally going to use this one for my weeks drive 'n survive holidays and they are always taken during the "summer" months.

£50 to spend on other Tackle then lol