Home made weed rake

Dont waste 30 or even 40 quid on a weed rake make your own.

You need ...

30 ... 2 and a 1/2 in screws 

One 18 inch pvc pipe thats 1 inch and a 1/4 width

Around 2ft of Farmers Fence wire.

And some Rope.

Its pretty straight forward just copy the picture i did this in around 45 mins with some tweeking.

Will come in handy and yes thats a palomar knot :D

Dean.

20170313_164559.jpg

Edited by DEANO30
Missed something

Its gonna be mainly used on canadian pond weed just to clear an area from the margin to about 8ft out and a couple of rake widths wide ... i find the screws better than a rake head as they are at all angles with the rake head i find it pulls throu without picking up the canadian pond weed up ... rake heads work better on silt weed i find.

Im only doing it as the bars of soap will be on the munch soon and i have had some of my best days fishing for them over a freshly raked line ... chuck a can of corn over the top and fish the 2nd day after you raked it and when you arrive just as the suns coming up you can watch them rolling over the line you raked and the fizzing is unreal.

I normally catch almost instantly ... double corn sorts them right out.

Mine is four ordinary rake heads welded together, all at 90 degrees to each other on a length of 20mm steel tube. I pass a length of polypropylene rope through the tube, form a noose and just chuck it out.

No photos, sorry, but it works very well.

Ian