ESP Tungsten Loaded Braid

crusian

Its a nice product, knots great, coating doesn't break when tightening it down, but don't believe all the sales blurb as it doesn't appear to sink any better than any other coated braid i have used so a little putty still needs applying (providing there is no crays in your water) 

Has anyone used this , and if so what do you think please ? .

Here's a statement for you fella; it's the best coated braid I've ever used..... and I've used most of them.

The stiffness is just right - enough to kick the link out but settle over uneven substrate. The braid inside is super supple. The coating doesn't split at the knot. It pulls straight without steaming. It's as close to perfect as is currently available. One of the products of the year for me.

it doesn't appear to sink any better than any other coated braid i have used so a little putty still needs applying

Disagree hutch, it sinks miles better IMO. I agree you still need putty but I found you need significantly less than with other coated braids.

Disagree hutch, it sinks miles better IMO. I agree you still need putty but I found you need significantly less than with other coated braids.

Fair comment, I don't tend to change hooklink materials much so only really have a couple to compare it against, my original purchase was based on someone I  know using it and he was impressed as well, i take it you use the semi stiff version  :?:

i take it you use the semi stiff version  :?:

Certainly do bud, 20 lb semi stiff in brown.

It's pricey, in that you get half as much as the other links for similar money, but well worth it IMO.

I actually bought some cheaper Fox Camotex Stiff for when the situation doesn't warrant using the more expensive ESP stuff (idiotic decision that was, don't know what I was thinking tbh) and it reminded me just how much better it is. It just doesn't compare, the Fox stuff went on the spare bits shelf and hasn't been touched since while I've got through another 2 spools of the ESP.

It's versatile too - I've used it for all sorts.