Why are Gardner Covert Mugga hooks in such short supply????

Looking to stock up with some hooks and trying to find Covert Mugga's in barbed flavour.

Plenty of size 8's, 10's and smaller sizes around but trying to find 4's and 6's (especially 6's) is like looking for a needle in a haystack!!

Is there a world shortage?????

:?::?::?:

The only thing i could think of us that there the best and gardener cant cope with demand .

Are the sold all over world ?

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Hi Smufter

Could it also be that Gardner have introduced their Covert Dark range this year with micro barbs , and therefore the original Covert Range with a full barb are being phased out ? .

You could always email Lewis Read and ask him , I've always found him very helpful and generous with his time  

My mate was out of 4's the other day smufter he did have 6's though I picked up a pack.... if your desperate you can have them if you want .

Thanks for the kind offer CF but I'm not in any particular hurry so can wait until I see some appear somewhere. I won't be going fishing much over the coming months, I was just going to tie a few new rigs over the coming weeks ready to try out in the Spring. 

Hi Smufter

Could it also be that Gardner have introduced their Covert Dark range this year with micro barbs , and therefore the original Covert Range with a full barb are being phased out ? .

You could always email Lewis Read and ask him , I've always found him very helpful and generous with his time  

Thanks for the tip Crusian. I may well do that, but I'm also finding the Covert Dark range difficult to track down in size 6. I have ordered some 4's and have also ordered some size 4 & 6 in "Carp Spirit" hooks which are the old Ace Razorpoints.... another very good hook.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/232109741885?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=531308013451&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Edited by smufter

Hello Smufter and David

I'm sure there was a thread on here at one time about Ace Hooks which basically suggested they allegedly  were dodgy .

When the Ace Hooks first came out my local tackle shop said they were the fastest selling hook he had ever had , but you don't seem to hear much about them now .

Is it Yonny who has professional experience with metals ? , maybe he will read this and like to comment , or send a PM to him ? .

I think it's Yonny that is testing the ESP Cryogenic Hooks .

Hope this helps .

:wink:

Hello Smufter and David

I'm sure there was a thread on here at one time about Ace Hooks which basically suggested they allegedly were dodgy .

When the Ace Hooks first came out my local tackle shop said they were the fastest selling hook he had ever had , but you don't seem to hear much about them now .

Is it Yonny who has professional experience with metals ? , maybe he will read this and like to comment , or send a PM to him ? .

Hope this helps .

:wink:

Thanks. Got love esp my old favorite is the esp raptor t6 :).. not touching korda again brought a pack and not happy with quality.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Edited by David_Ridgers

i tried ace razorpoints  , first fish i hooked it snapped , think it was size 4 , i can bend a size 4 with my fingers , not just a bit of flexing but bent , i test all my hooks by putting them in a vice putting a piece of thin metal tube down over the point and seeing how much resistance there is as i pull down , trying my best to replicate a hook hold , ace razorpoints were the weakest i tried 

I just had a quick look for the s6 Muggas for ya Smufter, couldn't find stock anywhere!! Odd.

If you e-mail Gardner they're normally very good at getting back to folks.

Nah, it was someone else, I can't remember who though. I'm yet to see them in the flesh. TBH every time I stray from Atomics I seem to have problems so I'm loathe to even try them!

i tried ace razorpoints  , first fish i hooked it snapped

I'm also not a fan of the ACE (now re-branded as Carp Spirit) Razorpoints. They look great but I found the chod versions drop fish, others have had similar problems.

just spoke to my contact at gardner. yes the Ronnie rig has sent the hook sales well up with barbed 6 s being sold out. all other sizes in the new dark covert are available to be ordered from stock, but new supplies were probably going to be a while though.

Ronnie Rig??? Ronnie Rig??????

I'm knocking up some German rigs.

:wink: :wink: :wink: