Nash scopes?

whats the difference ? if there more for just cosmetics then why bother unless your loaded

Well, I wouldn't say I was loaded, but anyway....the reasoning behind the change in the first place is to cut down the amount of space my gear takes up at home (keeps the missus happy) and in the car for ease of loading. So the weight comes into it and the looks would just be a bonus. The question I asked was more to do with are the black ops better quality or is it just cosmetic improvements that they offer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spr just a thought if you're after the small rod concept. Have a look at the Dymag mobile system. It has a smaller pack down length than the scopes. Mine in my holdall sit across the boot of my car (a golf) they're custom built and in terms of price sit between the scopes and black ops.

The only downside is they don't come in the variety of test curves the scopes do and with the max being 2.75 they're not great if you're planning on doing heavy bag work etc.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

The very last sentence ruled them out for me mate, but thanks for the option appreciated [emoji6]

No worries mate, know a few other companies probably do similar in heavier test curves where you could get a custom build on a very blank. Edited by androoooo

I currently have 2x 9ft 2 3/4lb and 1x 9ft 2 1/4lb custom done by Cotswold rods. They are fantastic rods to use and store.

I might have wished to up the test curve but at this stage they suit my fishing very well. I got the normal sized 2 rod hides for them and the reels are a tight fit, so will be changing to the bit pit version soon.

I can't rate them enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Opinions on spending the extra money on the black ops version?

Don't do it mate!

Any product that advertises itself as "a stripped out ultra light special forces edition" is for children or idiots.

Honestly fella, I don't rate Nash rods one bit. For that money you can get something from a company that actually builds rods rather than gets them made in China.

Nash rods, IMO, are average rods sold at premium prices. There are miles better options out there for the same money.

Don't do it mate!

Any product that advertises itself as "a stripped out ultra light special forces edition" is for children or idiots.

Honestly fella, I don't rate Nash rods one bit. For that money you can get something from a company that actually builds rods rather than gets them made in China.

Nash rods, IMO, are average rods sold at premium prices. There are miles better options out there for the same money.

Can you recommend something that packs down to the same length (55") that's one of the biggest attractions for me.... I need to save space and fit stuff in the car more easily

Can you recommend something that packs down to the same length (55") that's one of the biggest attractions for me.... I need to save space and fit stuff in the car more easily

For Scope Black Ops money I'd be looking at Harrison ST3 or I believe Free Spirit do several options.

Best bet is ring Nick Buss, give him your requirements and budget, and see what he can do.

For Scope Black Ops money I'd be looking at Harrison ST3 or I believe Free Spirit do several options.

Best bet is ring Nick Buss, give him your requirements and budget, and see what he can do.

Yonny, these look very similar to my Dymags which I believe are also built on a Harrison blank.

It was Terry Edmonds who recommended them to me when I was looking at scopes for pretty much the same reason as SPR.

SPR where are you based? I'm in London on Saturday with not much to do in the day as I'm off out at night. I could head over somewhere and bring the rods as they're in my car currently.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

So a spanner in the works...... have you gentlemen heard of kodex tackle? If so opinions on their Kompact 9ft/10ft .......for those that don't know it's the same rod but has the two length options with an extension piece

Yep, sure have mate, had the kodex centium alarms with receiver, good bit of kit

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

scopes being only 2 pieces in the bag are easy to leave set up. 3 or more pieces is an impossible pain.

My apologies mate, it seems I have Mis read the info about the kodex rod I hadn't realised it was a three / four piece rod! I thought it was a two piece with the option of adding in the blank third section...... that's that option out the window, so now it's between the scopes and the whychwood extricator

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so....thanks every one for the advice and opinions, but I was presented with an offer that I couldn't refuse on a pair of scopes 10ft cork handles (didn't think I'd like them but I was wrong they look great).... got to love it when someone doesn't realise/doesn't care what they are selling [emoji16][emoji51][emoji16]

• 3 months later...