Genesis Lake... anybody fancy a week????

smufter

Have already booked next years fishing trip so looking a long way ahead for this.... 2018!!

Have been reading up about Genesis Lake in France, it gets fantastic reviews, and just wondered if anyone fancied coming along for a week on a "lake exclusive" (6 anglers)?

http://www.genesis-carpfishery.com/home.php

At the moment, the cost as shown on their website is £1,200.00 so this works out at just £200.00 per person for a weeks fishing on what looks a superb water.

I'm quite happy to take on all the organisation etc. just putting a few feelers out at this stage to see if anybody else would be interested.

No dates in mind yet, open to suggestions, but let's just say I prefer the lighter mornings and later nights of the Summer..... :wink:  :wink:  :wink:

I like a beer (but not when I'm fishing) and I don't do illegal substances!! Just looking for a week away with some good laughs and the chance to catch a lump or two, and maybe a little competition for a few bob.

Rob

Edited by smufter

It's something I've been seriously looking into (which may amaze most people on here :)) albeit for NEXT year .

I'd like to register my interest Rob , as there's nothing I'd like more but I'm about as reliable as West Hams defence so don't hold your breath :wink:

Thanks for your responses Gents, and I appreciate that it's a long way away.

But venues like this get booked up well in advance, I bet you'd be lucky to get a decent week in 2017 hence 2018 is my target.

Even the small venue I fish in France has already taken quite a few bookings for next year.......they don't hang around.

The thing I like the sound of at Genesis is the fact that it doesn't appear to have any of those horrible bleeding catfish in it.

Ugly things they are.....

Tell you what put me on the list and we can see how things pan out, only live once aye! And I've got two years to explain to the missus [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I might just reserve it anyway.

It's only £300.00 deposit and £1200.00 for the week for a lake exclusive.

Just think of the fun I could have on my own!!

HMS Gonads would run out of battery power within a day on a 12 acre lake.... :wink: :wink: :wink:

Where in France is it? So I can have a look at travel times and the like

Here's a link to the page on their website which gives the general area.... it's not far from Le Mans.

http://www.genesis-carpfishery.com/where.php

It will be about a 4.5 hour drive down from Calais, taking it fairly easy.

The lake I normally go to is about 100km further on, and I can do that in 5 easy.

Apparently the food package is supposed to be brilliant too.

Plus they supply nets, weigh slings and unhooking mats so no need to trawl that lot down there.

Dining area, showers, safes, etc.

I haven't yet read a bad review about the place.

And if I can get six, that will give us a lake exclusive so plenty of room to fish and nobody else to annoy us!

:wink:

Edited by smufter

Just had a quick nosey at the site, says something about first angler to catch a 50 gets a weeks free fishing [emoji476] I also put it into maps and it recons about 8.5 hours from my house so not to bad at all... sweet talk the missus time, failing that I'll just tell her I'm going lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Well just to move this on a bit.

As mentioned above, I have reserved a week on a lake exclusive basis for 30th June 2018. Cost is £200.00 per angler.
On top of that you would have ferry costs (about £100.00 return based on what I'm paying this year) together with toll money down there and back (about 70 euros) plus fuel, bait and food. A food package is available for the week for around £100.00 which gives you full English breakfast and a two course evening meal. Car sharing is not out of the question to help cut down on the cost of fuel, tolls and ferry prices, but obviously this would depend on the logistics of where people live.
I'm only bumping this because I have also mentioned it on the "Totally Carp" Facebook page, and have had a few tentative inquiries.

Room for 5 people only, got to be first come, first served, with a £50.00 deposit to secure.

If you are seriously interested, PM me and I can give you more details.

Link to the Genesis website here, you won't read a bad report on this venue anywhere.... 

http://www.genesis-carpfishery.com/home.php

Rob

59 minutes ago, dayvid said:

Is that 5 people in total or others  + 5 people 

Five in total mate plus me of course!! I have one who has said definitely yes, but of course that could change when I ask for a deposit lol. So four spaces available as there is a six person limit on the lake. Hope that makes sense?