Whats the point in a bait runner reel?

You think about it, set the baitrunner then set the fighting drag or.... Quick turn

Sent from my P9000 using Tapatalk

but thats the whole point, you do not need to set the fighting drag as it should be set before your first cast then IF you need to alter it during a scrap then that is no different to the way you fish, also once you have set the rear clutch for the bait runner AFTER YOUR FIRST CAST, it also requires no further attention.

set your line to your desired tension( tight/semi/slack), rod in the pod, clip on your stows or whatever then one flick of the finger to set the runner and any more is just being a tart :wink:

but thats the whole point, you do not need to set the fighting drag as it should be set before your first cast then IF you need to alter it during a scrap then that is no different to the way you fish, also once you have set the rear clutch for the bait runner AFTER YOUR FIRST CAST, it also requires no further attention.

set your line to your desired tension( tight/semi/slack), rod in the pod, clip on your stows or whatever then one flick of the finger to set the runner and any more is just being a tart :wink:

You forgot.............SIMPLES !

I use both big pit and bait runner reels

The big pits are my set up with 3.1/2 tc rods

That I use on my local res were distance casting is needed and would not be achievable with a smaller bait runner reel.

For smaller waters then I use my bait runners with 2.1/2 tc rods

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...