Hook length, terminal tackle

carl.doyle83

Morning boys.

A little advice needed. Since I started fishing a couple of years ago. I've been using all the mainstream. Manufacturers. Korda. Fox. Etc I've been looking on line for alternatives to try. E.g Atomic, Rigmarole things like that. What do you guys use and what do you recommend. I know the popular brands are always the best!

Thanks in advance

Carl

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Morning boys.

A little advice needed. Since I started fishing a couple of years ago. I've been using all the mainstream. Manufacturers. Korda. Fox. Etc I've been looking on line for alternatives to try. E.g Atomic, Rigmarole things like that. What do you guys use and what do you recommend. I know the popular brands are always the best!

Thanks in advance

Carl

Aren't always the best even...... ha ha

The only coated or plain hooklink materials I use are Kryston, since the 1990's

Mantis, Merlin, Snakebite, and then Amnesia for combi or mono links.

As for hooks it is a choice between Gardner Mugga or Solar 101's for most bottom bait fishing.

Quite simply it is a case of they work for me, and if it isn't broken, don't fix it

Fox items at the minute but thats mainly due to them producing a nice set of components for my current rig choice.

With regards to companies its horses for courses, everyone will have there preferred components the main thing is that you have confidence in using them not what brand is on the outside of the packet.

I think I'm going to give Rig marole a bash. Myself and a friend have had korda hooks straighten up on us the past month or so.

Rig Marole for the hook links fella. Not tried their hooks.

Korda hooks are, IMO, the least durable hook on the market. You can sharpen them by having a kitten lick them. Far too soft.

If you want strong hooks then go with Atomic fella. They're absolutely solid, strongest out there by far IMO. if you can find a comment from anyone, anywhere, saying they've been let down by Atomic hooks, I'll give you a tenner.

Edited by yonny

Rig Marole for the hook links fella. Not tried their hooks.

Korda hooks are, IMO, the least durable hook on the market. You can sharpen them by having a kitten lick them. Far too soft.

If you want strong hooks then go with Atomic fella. They're absolutely solid, strongest out there by far IMO. if you can find a comment from anyone, anywhere, saying they've been let down by Atomic hooks, I'll give you a tenner.

i have been let down by atomic hooks :evil:

tenner please yonny :wink:

• 6 months later...