from scotland to leicester

Hi there,

I'm from Leicester and can suggest Beedles Lake, its big with plenty of swims, been restocked recently and has carp to 35lb.  Lots of the fish will be doubles because of the stockies but a good few 20's and i believe a couple of 30's.  Cheap season or day tickets - a good water for gaining experience.

You could look up Broome angling club, they have a few waters around the county, and Willesley has already been mentioned.

Charnwood water worth a look, sand pit syndicate on the A46, Frisby pits, Murphy's syndicate, Tommy Ted's syndicate nr Loughborough.

Gilmorton Mil Farm, day only day tickets, worth a shout - some good fish in the bottom lake.

Lots of water on the Council Run Watermead complex, seen some big-uns in there and no pressure.

I fish in Northants and Peterborough now and have also fished in Notts - an hour by car and you open up a whole new world of specimen waters to go at.

Have fun

Cheers

Kev

Hi there,

I'm from Leicester and can suggest Beedles Lake, its big with plenty of swims, been restocked recently and has carp to 35lb.  Lots of the fish will be doubles because of the stockies but a good few 20's and i believe a couple of 30's.  Cheap season or day tickets - a good water for gaining experience.

You could look up Broome angling club, they have a few waters around the county, and Willesley has already been mentioned.

Charnwood water worth a look, sand pit syndicate on the A46, Frisby pits, Murphy's syndicate, Tommy Ted's syndicate nr Loughborough.

Gilmorton Mil Farm, day only day tickets, worth a shout - some good fish in the bottom lake.

Lots of water on the Council Run Watermead complex, seen some big-uns in there and no pressure.

I fish in Northants and Peterborough now and have also fished in Notts - an hour by car and you open up a whole new world of specimen waters to go at.

Have fun

Cheers

Kev

as im moving to leicester at the end of the month. this is really usefull. thanks Kev

alright folks,

sorry ive not replied ive been flat out up and down the country with work, no im not a weigy im from dumfries near the border, as for the clyde it hasone known 30 that i know of that is the scottish record but from what ive heard has been constanty caught, i may be wrong though as im right out of touch with the scottish carp scene,

as for the venues everyone has mentioned i will look into them, im currently fishing my friends small private lake and have a few target fish that have yet to kiss the spreader block so this is all preperation for when i do finally bag them and im ready to move onto my next challenge,

thanks again for te help and pointers, its  much apreciated

steven

• 2 months later...

not been on in a while due to work, so came on for a nosey, anyone heard of the new scottish record, broken twice this month by the same man catching the same common, from castle loch in scotland, buzzing would be an understatement as the water its from is right on my doorstep for when i move back up the road