fake sweetcorn rig

carperdude3d

this weekend im fishing a lakes thats NEVER been carp fished :P its a farmers lake its around 4-5 acres and the farmers a freind of the familly hes told me that he feeds the carp with pellets and sweetcorn etc. i have never fished with sweetcorn as a hookbait can any one tell me the best rig and tell me how to tie it plzzzzzzzzzz :D

why not use maize, harder and stays on the hair all night with no problems. if its not been fished you wont need to worry about fancy rigs just use a standard hair rig maize or you could use artificiall (spelling) sweet corn.

this weekend im fishing a lakes thats NEVER been carp fished :P its a farmers lake its around 4-5 acres and the farmers a freind of the familly hes told me that he feeds the carp with pellets and sweetcorn etc. i have never fished with sweetcorn as a hookbait can any one tell me the best rig and tell me how to tie it plzzzzzzzzzz :D

Are Hair Rigs for Maize/Sweetcorn and other Particles different from Boilie Rigs? :? The one thing I would do is use smaller hooks and as fine a Hooklink as I could safely get away with.

A few grains of Maize or sweetcorn with a Piece of the Plastic Fantastic on the hair, or even just the Plastic one. Multiples Can be fished as a Stack rig with the Plastic Piece either at the end of the Hair or as the Bait underneath the Stop end Piece.

You may even be able to Hook mount Sweetcorn if you are not fishing that far out.

Good Grief, No hair, what is the world coming to? 8):lol::lol::lol:

FakeSweetcornRig003.jpg

FakeSweetcornRig002.jpg

FakeSweetcornRig.jpg

Gaz,

Now 100 times please: Artificial

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I've been using a little rig that i came up with after having a play around with a few bits. i presume im not the first one to think of it though.

I use size 12 drennan barbel hooks, basically a smaller version of the esp Big-T. Tie up a standard knotlles knot with blow back tubing on the hook shank and mount a peice of floating fake corn length ways. Then coil just enough lead wire (i use the surplus bits from splicing leadcore) so that it sinks the fake corn very slowly. Coil this tightly around the hooklink and push it up towards the eye of the hook, then use a bit of shrink tubing to create a line aligner which traps the lead wire inside it. The section of shrink tubing sits nicely on the bottom with the corn above it conceiling the hook. It may be easier to post a picture than underatnd that though

Not sure if it would be relevant on a virgin lake as the fish shouldnt be riggy so a simple set up will be just as effective.

• 3 weeks later...

As for a fake corn rig, i've been using 1 floating corn and 1 sinking maize, with the floating one on top on the hair. Combined with a size 8/10 hook (I use Iseama's with a bit of shrink-tube on the bend as a 'blow-back' and a little bit of tube on the eye to curve it in a little), it ends up critically balanced and fires back up into the carp's mouth, whilst sitting just above bottom debris whilst on the lakebed. Hope this helps

edited to add...here's a pic of my rig

15611384539.jpg

im guessing the farmer dont use a spod or boat to feed

so forget about a long cast ,and forget about modern day carp tactics and side hook the corn and drop it in the margin

or at most a under arm flick out

the may be fish in the middle but they should be used to feeding close in ,unless its been catted out ??

on a lake i found thats not fished but people feed i found fish swim towards me when i moved my arm like i was throwing bait in,i still not sneaked a rod on but im always tempted

good luck that sounds like fun :D

• 5 months later...