ATT Alarms

Hi everyone I hope your having a good Christmas.

Does anyone on here use the new underlit ATT alarms and if so how do you rate them. I have delkim ev at the minute but fancy a set with a reciever!

Cheers Todd

Don't own them but i was fishing recently and commented on how smart a set looked that another carper was using, We had the usual Delkin vs water banter and when he packed up he came over and dropped one in the water and demonstrated how it carried on working lol

Impressive, my Delks would scream in agony if i went anywhere near that much water lol

Don't own them but i was fishing recently and commented on how smart a set looked that another carper was using, We had the usual Delkin vs water banter and when he packed up he came over and dropped one in the water and demonstrated how it carried on working lol

Impressive, my Delks would scream in agony if i went anywhere near that much water lol

Along with four others I did three days/nights on Churn Pool, Cotswolds, a fortnight ago. The rain was incessant, varying between heavy and deluge.

At no time did my ATTs show any sign of distress. Kevin, your post surprises me not one jot.

Ian

• 2 weeks later...

If you go on facebook have a look at dalelectronics. He was the att electronics guy. He can mod your delks to run off an att receiver..does all alarm repairs and mods also. Genius.

Also I have both under lit and standard atts. Very reliable and fantastic battery life. Must say I prefer the map receiver though with the manual volume control.

Guys I've had ATT's for a good few years now and really rate them for reliability and build, they are the best alarm I've used since my German Soundmasters, which I'd still be using now if they were wireless.

The only concern I have is that, even with the wheels changed to 4 mags they can fail to show indications if not setup perfectly to the fishing situation. And I'm speaking from experience.

Not slating them at all, as I'm still using them a full 2 years after finding out their failings, but there are more sensitive alarms out there. Maybe not better, but more sensitive.

I've been hovering over buying a set of the new Nash R3 for ages actually.

Yes mate of course, The easiest way for me is to explain the fishing situation.

Fishing at 120-130yds with 15lb line straight through and 3.5oz leads, helicopter setup on tubing with 4" braid hooklinks.

Line tight but not bowstring, using Solar Quiverlock indicators.

I had already had one fish from the area and lost 2, the runs being a bit of a funny lift and drop, lift and drop, developing into a run by the time I got to the rod. I was stood next to my rods chatting with a mate who was fishing the next swim, and he looked down at my tip and said, "You have a take" so I looked at the indicator and it was juddering slightly while the line at the rod tip was lifting and dropping slightly.

There were no bleeps from the alarm yet the indicator and the line was moving slightly and also vibrating and juddering. After watching for a few seconds I picked up the rod, wound down and struck, nothing.

The next morning this happened again as I was sat over the rods watching, and I struck immediately and was into a fish.

I'm convinced that had I been using vibration alarms I would have had an audible indication and I'm just as convinced that the fish was just sitting, trying to get rid of the hook. This was in France on a very pressured lake with big fish, I had 7 takes (That I knew about at least!) and landed 3 fish all over 40lb, so we are not talking about pasties that can't move a lead!

I would try the 6 mag rollers as there the most sensitive they do, 0.33mm of line movement.

I read that the ATTs alarms have an intelligent false indication circuit that learns and i wonder if this could be a problem in your case if the ATT alarm uses the same system ? 

I have thought about going to 6 mag rollers snoozer, but I'm still not convinced that it would be as effective as a vibration system? I've looked at the Nash alarms and the Ace ones, but still undecided... Definitely not Delkim until they sort out the water in the vibration sensor problem.

You may well be right though, the tiny amount of "Back and fore" line movement I saw could have been interpreted by the circuitry as wind etc?

What does help massively with ATT's I've learned (The hard way!) is to use an indicator head that grips the line and does not let it run through, this effectively doubles the indication you get, for any given amount of line movement.

Hi mooseman..... sounds like it's just the wheel and mag type of alarm rather than atts in particular.

From fishing along side people with vibration sensitive alarms, from what I can see they nearly always have to turn the sensitivity right down anyway to negate false indication all the time .

I personally haven't had any issues with my atts & had them 4/ 5 years now I use 4 mag wheels with mine .

We all get done without knowing about it no matter what alarms we use .

I wouldn't be swapping my atts for nash heard bad things about them .

Yes you are right there chill, it would be the same I would imagine with any roller and mag alarm. Bring back Super XL and twitcher wheels eh! Ha ha!

I know what you mean yes, we all get done without even realising, but when the pickups you are missing are from 40+ or potentially 50+ fish, (The fish I hooked while sat on the rods in my explanation above was 48lb) it's a bit harder to swallow...  :cry:

That's why I've been hovering over buying some other alarms mate, can't afford to get a set unless I sell the ATT, and I'm not willing to get lumped with a set of duffers!

Anyone here have experience of the Ace alarms?

Webpage blurb on the receiver looks the biz, but you never know I suppose...

Got 2 mates who have recently started using the Nash R3, so I'm kind of waiting to see how they get on with them for a bit.

They got some problems with the R3's as discussed on another Forum with a similar web address as our own.

Cracking cases seems to be occuring amoungst other issues.

Google Nash R3 and you'll see it come up.

Might be useful reading..

Moose man. Yes that situation does occur. I was fishing at 40 yds. Only last week I just happened to look at my rods and saw the line going in and out on a slack chody set up. No alarm noise or indicator movement. As I got to the rods it then developed into a full blown runner. Fish on. This was down to the slack line in my opinion. Don't know if this would of shown on vibration alarms or not ?

I'm pretty sure they've been taken under the shimano brand? I'll have a nose around now...

http://www.acecarp.com/products/bite-detection/ace-i-3-bite-alarm

Bottom of the webpage it says Shimano Normark, so looks like they have been taken under the banner?

Yes Ace have.

Shimano own a number of tackle brands as well as their own, and I think bought Max Cottis and Steve out

• 4 months later...

Sorry to bump this thread but I have just moved over to the ATTS and wondered what swingers/bobbins people are using for them?

I've heard all sorts of stories about bobbins getting jammed in the roller wheel etc so would appreciate any recommendations before I go and spend my hard earned  :wink:

Many Thanks