Manor farm lake

Just got back from linear done 3 nights in manor farm and blanked. This is a lake I am going to try and fish a lot this season.

Has anyone got tips or methods?

Also what boilies are people using this year? Want a good unknown bait that has not been battered.

Was going to use cell but decided not to anymore

Had walk around manor yesterday on way back from linch looked pretty bleak on there tbh. Just fish with what you feel confident with. The linear fish have seen everything. wouldn't let the blank bother you to much unless other people were catching because every ware seems difficult at the moment the high pressure didn't do us any favours at all. Keep things simple get on the fish and you will catch them I don't think there fussy when it comes to bait.

it fishes better through the week due to less angler pressure if you can get down there then, if you read the catch reports it seems like all the linear lakes fish well all the time but for the amount of people fishing to fish caught ratio its not as prolific as it seems, as said above no need to start changing bait/rigs, fish with what your confident with and itl happen for you. 

Mate went to go ok that on Thursday, 35 acre lake no swims free,went for brasenoseone 2 32 acre lake no swims free then went oxlese no swims free.

So busy on a Thursday it's crazy

half term weeks are allways busy,theres normaly spaces on hardwick though. tbh its all part of the linear experience, asking people when there leaving and putting buckets in swims ready for when they leave, not my cup of tea but each to there own.

Brasenose is ok if you want catch simmos but the proper fish are in manor , St John's and Hardwick. The worst thing you can do is choose a lake before you get there and fish it just for the sake of fishing it. If you can't get on the fish on manor then look at St John's or Hardwick and get on fish. Stay mobile stalking, baiting spots walking and watching really work at it. Majority of anglers on linear are campers there so predictable turn up fill it in then there a slave to the peg because they have put in 100 quid worth of bait in. The biggest edge you can have on linear is effort.

Brasenose is ok if you want catch simmos but the proper fish are in manor , St John's and Hardwick. The worst thing you can do is choose a lake before you get there and fish it just for the sake of fishing it. If you can't get on the fish on manor then look at St John's or Hardwick and get on fish. Stay mobile stalking, baiting spots walking and watching really work at it. Majority of anglers on linear are campers there so predictable turn up fill it in then there a slave to the peg because they have put in 100 quid worth of bait in. The biggest edge you can have on linear is effort.

Liam . Your always banging on about location and "getting on the fish".

What do you do if you are fortunate enough to get to one of these places and there are no fish showing ?

Do you walk around for 2 days/nights until you do spot something ?

Genuine question .

Good Essex decision mate, include Bluebell and the rest of these unfriendly cutthroat venues with it, artificial fishing populated by a gang of wannabees with a camera and no idea what fishing is all about, I will get my coat and tin hat.

I want to agree with you CM but would be wrong of me when i've never been there and done it.

I have been known to complain about where i have to fish , familiarity breeding contempt etc but now im thinking that im lucky.

I know its pretty busy at weekends and pre baiting is a no no but , you know what , there are plenty of 30's and a couple of 40's .

The amount of times i get to go fishing it would take me years to get to the bottom of it so im beginning to think i'm quite lucky .

Ok its day ticket , its hardly exclusive , but its not full of instant carpers & idiots and its not full of Anglers take take themselves too seriously either.

I did 4 nights on St John's last year ... first time I had been to linear, and really enjoyed it on there all the anglers I met were enthusiastic and sound to talk to . Don't believe everything you hear gents , St John's, Manor , Hardwick & oxlease all hold some proper looking carp of course it's gets busy but thats because of the fish in these lakes .

B 1 & 2 are a different kettle of fish and probably will never fish them personally.

As for boilie choice baitworks make solid bait that will catch from the off and the matching pellets are awesome and well worth a look :wink:

If I get a chance in between all the socials this year and Fishing Horseshoe I'll go back for another go hopefully at some point .

Edited by chillfactor

Liam . Your always banging on about location and "getting on the fish".

What do you do if you are fortunate enough to get to one of these places and there are no fish showing ?

Do you walk around for 2 days/nights until you do spot something ?

Genuine question .

I turn up to a lake and if nothing showing ill spend as much time as day light hours allow doing laps of the lake just watching for signs of fish or get on a peg that gives me a lot of scope. If i still see nothing showing then ill look at the conditions and make an educated guess on the best peg to spend the nite. Then I'm up at first light watching the lake ill bring the rods at around 10 am or maybe earlier if it's warm and walk the lake all day or until I see something I spend very little time sitting behind rods between 10 am and dusk between April and sept I always go stalking or I'm looking for an opertunity unless it looks good for a bite behind the rods which is rare on a lot of the waters I fish. No matter what time of day or night rain or shine if I see something show and I feel I'm in the wrong spot ill move. Ive moved at 2am in the pouring rain and caught my target fish within 20 mins of moving. Effort equals reward.

I turn up to a lake and if nothing showing ill spend as much time as day light hours allow doing laps of the lake just watching for signs of fish or get on a peg that gives me a lot of scope. If i still see nothing showing then ill look at the conditions and make an educated guess on the best peg to spend the nite. Then I'm up at first light watching the lake ill bring the rods at around 10 am or maybe earlier if it's warm and walk the lake all day or until I see something I spend very little time sitting behind rods between 10 am and dusk between April and sept I always go stalking or I'm looking for an opertunity unless it looks good for a bite behind the rods which is rare on a lot of the waters I fish. No matter what time of day or night rain or shine if I see something show and I feel I'm in the wrong spot ill move. Ive moved at 2am in the pouring rain and caught my target fish within 20 mins of moving. Effort equals reward.

True enough , thanks .

If i went walkies my gear would be in another county within 20 minutes :)

Good Essex decision mate, include Bluebell and the rest of these unfriendly cutthroat venues with it, artificial fishing populated by a gang of wannabees with a camera and no idea what fishing is all about, I will get my coat and tin hat.

There is that side to linear and tand it's not some ware I'd spend a lot of time but there some proper nice old fish in St John's and manor and every now and then it's some ware to go with a mate ware u can get a few fish and be in with chance of nice old 40lber. If I go oxford I'd always go to linch hill now it's a busy day ticket these days but it's just an awesome place but I do enjoy fishing the quiet lakes ware it's me against the fish but there getting fewer and fewer these days.