Chod alternative on weedy water

howsey16

Gents

Iv been practising my rig tying skills recently, in particlular the chod rig. I have got it to a standard now that i am happy to fish with.

Bombshell!!!! The next water we are fishing is apparently very weedy and the chod rig is banned.

What would you use? Im thinking stiff hinge........?

Thank you please

standard as you like.

wafters then, or may critically balance some stuff which means i dont have to splash out on more bait as i dont have any wafters. just a snowman or something.

Rig foam can be useful in situations such as this. Soak it in glug of your choice, something for next to nothing.

Ian

Why on earth would a fishery ban chod/heli rigs ?

Seems to me some lakes are bringing in bans just to keep carp anglers off the waters, looked a few venues and can see no reason why they have such rules, one water I'm looking at has a hook size rule, nothing bigger than a size 8. An 18mm boilie would dwarf a size 8 hook, could add up to a lot of blown takes.

Just seems ridiculous to me . Heli set ups are a lot safer than other set ups I could mention .

In my humble no nothing opinion of course , therefore I wont :)

Hook size restrictions ? Jeez I'd like to hear there official reasoning on that one ffs .....

Just seems ridiculous to me . Heli set ups are a lot safer than other set ups I could mention .

In my humble no nothing opinion of course , therefore I wont :)

Hook size restrictions ? Jeez I'd like to hear there official reasoning on that one ffs .....

It'll be the idiots as usual, can't think won't think.

Okey cokey, I've got nothing against helicopter rig bans especially in weedy or snaggy waters, where a naked misused (unreleasable) chod could result in a trailing line and weed etc, a leader knot could add to the problem as it only takes a tiny bit of weed to jam up over a knot preventing the rig, beads etc being able to come off the line.

To me, far better than a lead clip, is a lead link, paternoster, with the lead possibly on a weaker link, which can break free if required.

On casting the lead pulls everything behind it.

Have a lookie here:

https://forum.carp.com/topic/1487-thick-weed-tactics/page-2