Hawkhurst Fish Farm

Hello all,

I am of to hawkhurst fish farm on the 27th of this month for a 48 hour session.

im planning on fishing two rods over a spod containing chilly hemp, party mix, red maggots and lots of corn. one rod will have a maggot clip and other will be corn.

On the 3rd rod Im scattering cell boilies and fishing a snowman rig, not going to marker this rod just doing it in open water.

was wondering if anyone has and tips or past knowledge of the lake

will be fishing the main lake

thanks alot 

Hello all,

im planning on fishing two rods over a spod containing chilly hemp, party mix, red maggots and lots of corn. one rod will have a maggot clip and other will be corn.

On the 3rd rod Im scattering cell boilies and fishing a snowman rig, not going to marker this rod just doing it in open water.

was wondering if anyone has and tips or past knowledge of the lake

thanks alot

Hi there mate , i cant help you re the lake i'm afraid but i have a tiny suggestion for you ?

Whatever you find out about the venue make sure you find out whether it responds to big beds of bait in winter .

On a new unfamiliar venue i would be very wary of planning a baiting strategy such as you have aired in your post , especially this time of year when a lot of known cold water venues respond well to single hookbaits or similar .

Hope you get the info you require and best of luck :wink:

bc69, I agree with everything that Tim (Newmarket) posted above.

It may be one of those fairly rare waters which responds well to beds of bait in winter but don't be disappointed if it's not

I know it's a corny old cliché ..... you can always add bait but you can't take it out.

Ian

fully agree with what you said.

the approach from looking online is now a maggot clip rig with a small pva off maggots and sweet corn.

and the other rod on a kd rig with the korda i.b fake corn on it with a small pva of sweetcorn and maggots

very light baiting if any at all but will see when I go..

cant wait as this is my first session in a good couple of years

Bear in mind, the pva will take some time to disolve this time of year (winter) around 20 - 30 minutes.

Also remember that sweetcorn can melt the pva, not a problem at the moment I know; but will soon be spring, the sun will shine longer, the birds will tweet, cm might stop being grumpy and your pva might melt within a few seconds.

Bear in mind, the pva will take some time to disolve this time of year (winter) around 20 - 30 minutes.

Also remember that sweetcorn can melt the pva, not a problem at the moment I know; but will soon be spring, the sun will shine longer, the birds will tweet, cm might stop being grumpy and your pva might melt within a few seconds.

You're using the wrong PVA Ian :)

Im using the mesh from The PVA Company and a micky mouse pva that i bought YEARS ago , little solid bags that i tested in the margins last tuesday and they dissolved in about 3 minutes even after all this time :)

I'll have a look in my PVA pouch and let you know the brand :wink:

Can't find The PVA Company on ebay, found their web site which is still under construction.

Found some of the stone carp bags on the bay, but nothing else?

They have a different username on the bay mate . Im a bit pushed for time at the mo but there is a very recent thread about 'em .

Try a pva search with my username and see what pops up :)

They have a different username on the bay mate . Im a bit pushed for time at the mo but there is a very recent thread about 'em .

Try a pva search with my username and see what pops up :)

I did try to find that but couldn't, probably because I was using "The PVA Company" :doh!:

Hello all,

was wondering if anyone has and tips or past knowledge of the lake

thanks alot

thought it was closed.......

• 1 month later...