Most effective lead and rig setup

jimmboy

Hi all I am writing this thread. To find out how yous setup rigs and leads and what has been a success. Also newbies can have a look and it mite answer a few questions I use the shocker rig for pva bag but in general fishing I use a short hair and lead clip thanks hope to hear from u all

Always a straight forward running lead for me , unless im naked chodding :)

Been experimenting lately with a few different set ups including inline running leads and shocker rigs and will probably continue to do so .

Cant stand lead clipped semi fixed set ups , i get fed up with single bleeps , getting done and im convinced the Carp use the lead to throw the hook, although i have used heli-rigs and would afain if i deemed ut neccessary .

Everyone to his own , you'll get loadsa different replies here :wink:

A good read ...https://forum.carp.com/topic/1872-semi-fixed-bolt-or-running-leads/

Edited by newmarket

Fair enough. Maybe it was because it wasn't really a specific answer? I was just waffling on about how it's hard to answer, there is alot of variables that make people decide on what's appropriate for a particular situation, different people gain confidence in different things, and that most people have a handful of rigs they go to and tweak to suite. And to keep an open mind. Definitely didn't swear lol maybe you're right and it didn't actually post.

That's it each to there own but I do love inline shocker rig with big pva I neaver blank with it

Sounds like a good 'un Jim , fished along with your hybrid you cant go wrong eh ?

I'll probably be targetting a different much harder lake this year and can do with as much help as i can get so anything you dont blank with mate , gis a shout :wink:

Hi all I am writing this thread. To find out how yous setup rigs and leads and what has been a success. Also newbies can have a look and it mite answer a few questions I use the shocker rig for pva bag but in general fishing I use a short hair and lead clip thanks hope to hear from u all

How you set up a semi- fixed lead can make a difference to fish on the bank or not.

The simple difference of using a rig ring or a swivel inside an inline can put or lose fish for you. The most effective of the two is a ring joining the mainline and hooklink inside the inline lead for instant bolt effect.

Having plenty of movement on a quick link can also reduce fish numbers, actually a reason not to be using quick links, and trying to get instant 'bolt' effect by having no swivel on your lead to your semi-fixing device, be it lead clip or whatever.

My preferred lead attachment is a running lead, and as much as possible a slack line. However, not always possible, but the run ring is as safe as I can make it, as in the event of a snap- off, the ring will likely go over any loops, coils etc, and simply run off the end of the line. The run ring fished tight line is a simple bolt rig.

How many fish, is it a success? To me yes, and that yes is my confidence, and that confidence is what often gets me fish, so the two go together...

Chod rig

Stiff hinged rig

Withy pool rig

Combi rig

Google is everybodys friend jimmy :wink:

By the way , imo simple is best so youre straightforward pop up rig is fine mate . Just need a reliably bouyant bait thats all and a good way to attach it , very short hair or D rig style

Edited by newmarket