2 months free to fish and live !!

Hi Guys

I have two months free in September and October and have decided to dedicate them to Carp fishing. I'm only in my third year so would like to improve my fishing and sample new venues, meet new people and catch a few carp as well.

I am based in the Irish Republic so will need to relocate for 2 months, my question is where ? I am looking to rent a caravan or similar and join a club which would give me access to multiple waters and allow night fishing. I'm 55 a single non smoker and don't need much to keep me happy, may even be a B&B long term, before I return to work as a merchant seaman.

If anyone has any ideas on where I should try or has a caravan for a fellow Carper to rent I would appreciate any input.

Thanks

Gary

Are you sure about this? I only ask as I've just had 7 weeks off work, I planned on fishing 4 days every week but in the end I found I couldn't do it, after a few weeks I realised that the sessions were getting shorter, I'd planned to fish 4 days and went home after 2 and so on. Sessions got cancelled, family became far more important.

And who's to say your gonna catch? It can get very boring just sitting there not catching, it becomes a chore. Especially when the weather's crap, it was for a few weeks of my time alone and I found I wanted to go home but couldn't because the rain was lashing down, September isn't too bad but October can start to turn wet and horrible.

Oh mate what wouldnt i give for a fishing break like that .

Even after 2 months you would have to drag me home at knifepoint ...

Blanking is never a chore , i learn something new on the bank every session .

In fact catching little 'uns all day every day would get boring if anything .

Membership to my lake is £200 a year or £20 for 24 hrs .

Much cheaper than digs so i know where im going if and when im made homeless :)

Edited by newmarket