day ticket fishery between west midlands and london

Can anyone recommend a decent day ticket water between the west midlands and london for this weekend? Ideally not to far from the m6, m1 or m40.

I know a few places linear and stanwick that aren't to far but have a feeling linear will be packed and unsure whether with my experience thesl lakes may be too difficult?

Ideally looking for somewhere that isn't a runs water but also still suitable for someone who is learning and will prove a challenge so I learn but still have a chance of a fish or two.

Also preferably somewhere that doesn't get overcrowded.

I only ask as the fish are spawning where I'd planned to fish and would prefer to leave them do their thing than try to fish for them.

I'm still undecided but thanks for the suggestions. Bluebell is too far as was planning on fishing to monday morning and need to be at home to work from 9. I have a place in west london and also Shropshire so the m40 corridor is preferred as I can make it to either in a suitable time frame. M25 in rush hour on a Monday morning is a nightmare.

I've never been to Merrington...picked up mixed reviews on here about it but they may be old threads? They've tended to be on fish stocks but it may be different now?

Blackthorn has a no alcohol rule and I do enjoy 2-3 beers of an evening with dinner and watching the sun go down.

I only moved to Shifnal last year as it's where the mrs is from so I'm not particularly clued up on waters nearby that allow night fishing.

you should consider joining my club matey, only 95 a year but for that you get 8 lakes, primarily carp but plenty of other species, two stretches of the severn at bridgenorth and erdington and even a mile of canal for the descerning angler lol and none of them more than an hour from shifnal :wink: not one what you might call a runs water but plenty fish stocks and if your learning the trade you can always get a lake to yourself for some peace and quiet :wink:

you should consider joining my club matey, only 95 a year but for that you get 8 lakes, primarily carp but plenty of other species, two stretches of the severn at bridgenorth and erdington and even a mile of canal for the descerning angler lol and none of them more than an hour from shifnal :wink: not one what you might call a runs water but plenty fish stocks and if your learning the trade you can always get a lake to yourself for some peace and quiet :wink:

What part of the Midlands are you in? I ask because you said you some times fish Bishops Bowl. have you done anything on any of the reservoirs in that area, the canal is great around there, the Zander take sweet corn lol

Hi Cyborx I'd like to look into it if you can send the details. By pm is fine if you don't want to broadcast. I mainly fish a small syndicate but know they are spawning and having managed to get the time from the mrs to go I don't want to miss out.

I'd like to get on the severn somewhere as my angling apprenticeship was served fishing the Colne in West London. I haven't fished a river for ages and would love the chance to go target some chub and barbel again.

What part of the Midlands are you in? I ask because you said you some times fish Bishops Bowl. have you done anything on any of the reservoirs in that area, the canal is great around there, the Zander take sweet corn lol

hey carpbell, lived in brum for 20 years while working near the city. me and a mate used to go to bishops and dog lane regular we also went to Wellford pools a lot too, down by Fairford Swindon. got permission to relocate back to my hometown of Wolverhampton a couple of years ago so i'm now in a local club :) lots of small nicely stocked waters too, yay me :wink:

Hi Cyborx I'd like to look into it if you can send the details. By pm is fine if you don't want to broadcast. I mainly fish a small syndicate but know they are spawning and having managed to get the time from the mrs to go I don't want to miss out.

I'd like to get on the severn somewhere as my angling apprenticeship was served fishing the Colne in West London. I haven't fished a river for ages and would love the chance to go target some chub and barbel again.

androoooo will pm you soonest k,

What you looking for out your fishing? If you want some stunning old english warriors and prepared to put some time and effort in there a couple of decent lakes 15 mins from you front door. If you after easiar fishing and dont mind stockie commercal type waterslook into blackthorn and merrington ect.

Hi Liam, it was a bit of a one off for this weekend due to the fish spawning on a syndicate I fish. I generally fish there or will travel back to London to fish with friends on day tickets down there.

I don't mind putting in the work if I can fish somewhere regularly and get to know the place. I'd blanked 5 or 6 times on the syndicate and my first catch was after spending a couple of weeks doing a two hour return trip three times a week to pre-bait a few spots. I'll also work on improving my casting, baiting, rigs etc but if a place is busy I tend to fish within my comfort zone so as not to annoy other people fishing.

I've had a look at the telford waters on the taa and have been to visit most of them. I just had a feeling that many wouldn't be safe to leave my car at or about being hassled on the bank. Maybe they're perfectly fine but I'm unsure if I'd feel 100% safe on them.

Fish seem to ne spawning everyware typical ma week off work and there spawning.

Taa waters are fine you have no hasstle at all. The only one you may want to avoid is blue pool randlay because of parking issues part from that there all safe to park and fish. Theres only 2 waters worth fishing seriously for carp on taa card imo.

I forget all the ones I went to see last year. I think the only one I didn't was trench, which is probably the best from what I've read but also heard banks are pretty treacherous, so didnt visit on that basis.

Having only moved to shifnal last year it's trying to find good pools. I liked the look of the wulac waters but no night fishing and the bait rules kind of put me off. The waters look lovely and set in some beautiful country side but the rules kind of put me off.