Ace Razorpoint Hooks

crusian

So I take it the braid has slipped behind the eye where it bends round , and doesn't quite meet the back of the hook going down ?

If your first rap of braid is always the other side of the hook this won't happen .

right,standard knotless knot, exit towards point not back of hook, cast out,had a run,came off reeled in,boilie close to eye,not where I tied it,2 turns left on knot as rest slipped through hook eye gap

For the benefit of CYBORX and NEWMARKET we have decided to initiate a "hook recon service"

This will envolve a monster energy girl visiting your swim and tending to all your piscatorial needs.

Phil has every right to complain about braid slipping through the eye.

Ideally we like to get those hooks back and send them to the manufacturer for comment.

The first few hooks in a batch are often discarded as a run gets under way,but these should be picked up during inspection,and double checked during packing(in England).Open eyes is a problem we've not had before.

Bottom line is we are here if you have a problem, and will sort it out. cheers all.  richard

coincidentaly Monster energy is my can of choice on the bank, it keeps me aware :lol:

ive seen those monster girls and im not at all sure of having one deliver my drink, it might put me off my piscatorial pursuits. but thanks for the kind offer Richard :lol: :lol:

ps, i think it may also damage NM's health, hes no youngster you know  :lol:

coincidentaly Monster energy is my can of choice on the bank, it keeps me aware :lol:

ive seen those monster girls and im not at all sure of having one deliver my drink, it might put me off my piscatorial pursuits. but thanks for the kind offer Richard :lol: :lol:

ps, i think it may also damage NM's health, hes no youngster you know :lol:

Monster's a drink innit ? :)

Am i a bit slow today ? :wink:

ps, i think it may also damage NM's health, hes no youngster you know :lol:

People like you crack me up

wot, a monster girl??? hope your missus don't find out Andy (im sure no one on here will let it slip mate)

I did mean a conference, where they attend. It tends to be the most visited stand on the day. I wonder why?

If only I could rig the contests on yhe day as they have included pool partys in LA with Monster.

Richard,found a stray mugga hook, the eye is very aggressively turned in(hadn't noticed before),question,what's the benefit of this as it looks too aggresive to flip and it narrows the gape quite alot,especially if the braid isn't stripped back, I mean as you would make a hair,but strip back enough for the hair only and tie knotless knot with coated,did that make sense??

Makes sense Phil.      You are right in that the aggresive in -turn is designed to help the hook flip as the link tightens.

We are trying to "target" the bottom lip area,rather than the throat.

Agree the gape is reduced but "the working gape" is now the distance between point and eye,which i bigger.

Usually this pattern is fished with a no knot to braid , stripped braid or mono to keep the angle of pull as near to straight as possible to suit the long point.................hope this helps.

Richard,found a stray mugga hook, the eye is very aggressively turned in(hadn't noticed before),question,what's the benefit of this as it looks too aggresive to flip and it narrows the gape quite alot,especially if the braid isn't stripped back, I mean as you would make a hair,but strip back enough for the hair only and tie knotless knot with coated,did that make sense??

i swear by the mugga's (not being slimy just cos richard is hovering :lol: ) one thing i do tho is put a small line aligner on, effectively elongating the eye.

i find this turns the hook 100% of the time,

Sorry I split off the Fly fishing posts from this topic, it is worth a thread in its own right, so I hope my reasons make sense.

That thread is now here:

https://forum.carp.com/topic/20139-richard-gardners-fly-fishing-for-carp/