Cork ball pop-ups presentation

Benjamin Perry

Hi All,

How do you think the best way to present cork ball pops?

I like to tie a noose know around the boillie, rather than go through the cork ball, but as I like to use the rig swivels to present the bait, I may drill through.

Does anyone have experience of affecting the cork ball by going through it like this?

thanks,

Ben

I prefer to tie my pop ups on as any piercing of the bait will affect its boyancy over a period of time. I also find that the boilie skin over the pop up integrety is damaged, then water ingress will soon soak and split the skin as well as leaving it open for small fish to have a peck at it.

:rolleyes:

Avid bait screws , marvellous little things. No water ingress , they are air tight .

All varieties of pop up , corkball , cork dust , airball etc stayed popped up properly for over a week in tank test.

Mind you they were made by cc moore & essential so i would expect them to ...

Edited by newmarket

Hi All,

How do you think the best way to present cork ball pops?

I like to tie a noose know around the boillie, rather than go through the cork ball, but as I like to use the rig swivels to present the bait, I may drill through.

Does anyone have experience of affecting the cork ball by going through it like this?

thanks,

Ben

I have found that by putting a needle through a cork ball pop-up not only changes its buoyancy, the paste or boilie skin can actually fall off the cork ball.

Like Ouch, I prefer to tie my pop-ups on, although I nearly always use specific pop-up mix pop-ups now.

If I was using cork ball pop-ups, I would also use a braided loop/dental floss loop as opposed to mono, which may cut into the boilie skin as well

When i used to make my own cork pop ups, i would only make small batches of 10-20 at a time. I would take a length of shockleader line or a cocktail stick and score a shallow groove around the middle so once boiled and hardened off, i would have a groove to tie my floss in. Just be careful not to make a groove right through the boilie paste and expose the cork ball.

:rolleyes: