Bournemouth Dorset

In my experience you have to do your own digging mate.

Just being honest here but nobody knows what level your carp fishing is at or anything so they are not going to throw venues at you just like that.

there are hundreds of different types of venues everywhere that suit an individuals level, what they want, what kind of skills and tackle they have etc. etc. etc.

I worked out exactly what I wanted: good value fishing, good chance of getting takes with a possible twenty or thirty when I got to know the water well, small water, beautiful venue, and not too hard, I also believe strongly in trying to 'crack' one venue at a time rather than drifting around to all sorts of places getting a bit despondent cos u don't know the place well enough to catch em

That suited perfectly my style and level of angling.. I don't take it too seriously and am more of a pleasure carper.. I still enjoy it fiercely though mind

Settle in a bit, relax, and start patronising a local tackle shop and fishing the easiest to find local dayticket.

Things will just pan out naturally.

It took me years to find my club water as it is a bit secretive.. no wonder as it is an absolute jewel and incredibly good value.

just take it slowly and keep your ear to the ground mate

good luck

Edited by theobeeus

Not quite sure why he is so unhelpful :?: maybe with a different attitude, people would have found out about his nirvana much sooner.

Have a look at the ringwood and district angling club, plenty of lakes on that. Quite a few lakes in your area, especially around ringwood!

Edited by grangemilky

Must be lovely living down there cut , only fished dorset the one week i had on the stour a few years ago .

Im assuming the stour & avon are carpless ? Otherwise thats where i'd be for sure so im assuming you've done 'em to death ?

Cant help you with venues really mate but if i knew , i'd fill you in ...honest (thats just the kind of fella i am

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Keith

I'm in Bournemouth and you have a few options. In Bournemouth itself you have the stour which holds some big carp, but are very hard to find.

There are a few day ticket waters nearby that can give good sport: Hordle lakes near new milton has some nice fish but can be quite chavvy at weekends. Orchard Lakes is also near new milton. The main lake is good, but the fish are on the small side. I've heard good things about Sopley (not fished it myself) but it's members only at weekends.

If you're after bigger fish, as Grangemilky mentioned, Ringwood Angling club has a lot of waters to suit most tastes. Northfield White lake and Hightown have great fish but get busy at weekends. There's also Rockford lake which was syndicate until last year. Hard as nails to fish, but the rewards are there.

Hope this helps

Paul

Google "hamworthy lake" in poole, dorset - its council ran, deep crytal clear sand pit with some lovely carp in it its a stunning pond, just has a few problems with pikeys, but ive personally never had any problems myself. Had some lovely commons out to 20lb+ but its fairly tricky, also still enforces the close season, but it is FREE TO FISH! woohoo!! Its off the haven holiday camp in poole, at least worth a walk around mate. Its one of my favourite waters.

Also, looked at broadlands lake off the M27?

:rolleyes:

Its a lovely pond with a hikers map in either lake road car park, or the havan car park, to show you where to walk, if not just ask, its a tiny nature reserve and people can show you the way. Depending what end of the lake you wanna fish determines what car park you use. I used to prefer the havan car park, myself.

:rolleyes:

• 4 months later...

Any information of Waters to fish for Carp around the Bournemouth Area (15 mile radius), just moved into the area so any information on day ticket and club waters.

i think the lads that do the back of the landing net blogs are from that neck of the woods so might be worth a viewing  :P good luck anyway  :P

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...