Try the float!

nathanhuynh

Been fishing on the float for carp at Tockenham Resi and find that it is a very exciting way of targeting carp by using a medium balsa float and the lift method with shot or a feeder. I think it is like zig rigs but it is far more active than any other methods as you are constantly holding the rod. I also seem to catch more using 5lb line and a soft carp float rod. Everyone should give it a go, it is probably the most enjoyable carp fishing Ive ever done!!

Been there, done that. There is very little in angling that can be described as new. Just new takes on well established techniques to be candid.

Just realised....I sound like my Dad. That's ok though, I learned a lot from him.

Ian

Still fish the lift method for tench ..... And I've still got a few quills in me shed .... And I seem to catch more carp than tench doing that :roll:

Can't beat getting dragged around the lake on the match rod :oops::lol:

Steve, try all of the above but use a 1.5lb test barbel rod! It's proper sport, talk about getting a bend in your rod... :shock::shock:

Even a 6lb common feels like you've hooked a monster. I've always enjoyed mixing old techniques with modern. It's my age.............. :lol:

Ian

lol, I meant float fishing for carp exclusively with like a leger float or the lift method!

thanks

Nathan, it's more proactive fishing in that you're actually doing something rather than waiting for something to happen, and, of course, it's far more fun!

We all need fun in fishing otherwise why bother?

Ian

• 7 months later...
Been fishing on the float for carp at Tockenham Resi and find that it is a very exciting way of targeting carp by using a medium balsa float and the lift method with shot or a feeder. I think it is like zig rigs but it is far more active than any other methods as you are constantly holding the rod. I also seem to catch more using 5lb line and a soft carp float rod. Everyone should give it a go, it is probably the most enjoyable carp fishing Ive ever done!!

It is a method I use a lot, when stalking fish, and when I know that they visit the area.

I often bait a few areas up, then fish a few minutes in each one before re-baiting and moving on around the lake.

It produces a lot of good fish for me, tench and carp.

I also enjoy teaming it up with a centre pin, there is nothing like the screech of the reel as you get a proper take after plenty of dips and glides of the float when the fish are brushing the line.