Willowcroft Wisbech

Dont be affraid to fish the weed,As they seem to be holding in there alot over these past couple of weeks

If you dont like it then do it,Im sure your mum has told you dont do that but you still go ahead and do it

take your time when playing a fish if goes solid its proberly burried back in the weed

put you rod back on your pod and relax they always come out in the end and hay presto you have you fish in the net

Happy fishing all

Andy

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ya i know how you feel m8 ive yet to catch a zander

All me pike gear is at the ready and ready for the winter months, but gonna have another session down there this week,

Crap weather forcast for today but seems to be good for the rest of the week

So gonna see if the carp and cats are back on the feed again,Got some new baits to try but gunning for the big cats this time hopefully mary the 60 + cat hopefully gonna grace my net ,well i can dream i guess but fishing is fishing and you never know what will come out

I know its been very busy down the lake latley

had a session down there last weekend

very quiet only had the 2 catfish this time,The fish dont know whats happening due to the contant weather changeing , but will be givving it another go shortly

to be quite honest it makes you think about your rigs and bait so the story goes on,

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK BOB

Andy

done another night and guess what i blanked again,had a few bleeps at 8ish and 1 single bleep at 3 o clock,it was a clear cold night with a touch of ground frost in the morning.the lake was very calm through the night,not a ripple on it,and very little in the way of fish crashing and topping in the night .maybe it would of been better with a bit of wind on the lake,who knows.the bloke next to me also had nothing although he has been there since thursday and had one catfish and he was in the digger swim fishing into the weed.oh well better luck next time watch this space :D

jas

I live in london and i was visiting family i normaly go fishing up here when i come and see my relitives. About 2weeks ago i came down to fish. I normaly go to lakeside fishery however it was closed so i then decided to go to wilowcroft that was closed so i had to go to that stugergent lake i cought a few but i have came back and i am going this weekend is wilowcroft open? How much is a day ticket? If you could help me i would be most gratefull thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

ya i had a 24 hr session on saturday night

Only had the 2 carp out one a 26lb 5 oz and the other out at 19lb had a few knocks also during the night but nothing came of it,Was happy with the 2 that graced the bank

looking for forward to another session before the close of 2007

Andy

hi andy

there still feeding then,where abouts did you fish.the last time i went was the week after bonfire night,it was blowing a gale,i think there was about 11 others on the lake.i done my usual and blanked so thats 10th time and 2 cats out still,the three chaps to the right of me and the 2 to the left of me also blanked,didnt really hear a lot of action at all that night,mind you i did get treated to free viewing of the fireworks in the village that night.might try and get a night in between xmas and the new year.

cheers jas

• 3 months later...

hi andy

hows it going i had a ride down today no one there though,the water has certainly gained some depth since i was there last,couldnt see a great deal of weed didnt walk all the way round,do you know if its been treated at all since last year.have you heard what the membership cost is for this year,is it the same as last year.you will have to let me know when you are down there and i will come and have chat with you

cheers jas

hi mate it dosen,t get full of kids like the old its a lot better,the weed is quite bad but only on the backside of the lake but you can still catch fish from there ,andya84 knows all about that.when it first opened it was rife with weed all over but bob has done a good job of getting rid of the majority of it.

cheers jas

• 2 months later...