Amnesia?

Guest keenook

Guest keenook

Does anyone remember the Amnesia rig circa 1990? As I have forgoton how to tie it up :P

Seriously, it was a fantastic rig back then.............Help?

You got me thinking of how i used to tie my amnesia rigs, and here they are, the top one was the one i used first then it developed into the one underneath over time.

drig1.jpg

Great rigs, i do wonder why i stopped using them? :)

It was really for a pop up, i wanted to push the D higher on the hook, the tubing looks excessive because its all tied to a size ten hook,( its all i have on me at the moment ) i used to use Drennan Boilie hooks size 6, and as a bottom i used to use it as a snowman rig.

Gary....similar to the original sliding hair but two crucial differences that make the original rig a winner hands down in my opinion....a perfect rig for wary/riggy carp...almost impossible to eject....coupled with a seriously good HNV.....its deadly(not literally) :lol::wink:

And as a footnote....Im no follower of fad or fashion over rigs...this one came along 25plus years back and still outscores for me.....when I cant keep it simple :wink:

Black and clear Amnesia worked for me, even the green when I could get it.

I used the loop knot at the swivel end, 3 turn blood knot the hook on and then tie a bait floss or whipping thread hair down the shank from the eye.

I did try it with a knotless knot from the Amnesia itself, but found it a little stiff and got a few hookpulls doing that.