thecarpkid1990

which braid  

17 members have voted

1. 1. which braid

• kryston snakebite
    • fox mask
    • kryston mantis
    • suffix

I nearly always use 15lb Mainline and 15lb Hooklink.

When it comes to Hooklinks I have loads in my Tackle Box.

Kryston Snakebite, Mantis, Mantis Gold, Merlin, SuperSilk, Amnesia, Carp-r-us Clearwater and Drennan Fly Leader are just some of them off the top of my head.

The majority are 14 or 15lb.

The knots in any set-up will always be the weakpoint as very few knots are 100%.

I hate to say it but it is unlikely that 1 hooklink material will be suitable for all fishing, so it is better to have a few different types. :wink:

Now I buy my riggs off eBaY

They are actually better off ebay than they are at the shop! and they are cheaper! the guys that sell them on ebay have made them their self to the most standard perfection

far cheaper to tie your own, then customise them to your needs.

Now I buy my riggs off eBaY

They are actually better off ebay than they are at the shop! and they are cheaper! the guys that sell them on ebay have made them their self to the most standard perfection

I would never buy rigs already made up. If i make them myself i know they are tied correctly and if something happens like a knot coming loose i can only blame myself and no one else.

Kryston Snakebite, Mantis, Mantis Gold, Merlin, SuperSilk, Amnesia, Carp-r-us Clearwater and Drennan Fly Leader are just some of them off the top of my head.

With the expection of the Clearwater material, I have all of those hook length materials in my tackle box. Between those materials you can cover pretty much all rig situations.

I do really rate the hook length materials by Kryston, and I am always sceptical when I first use materials by other companies. I have had far too many "great" "wonderful" "the best hooklength ever" materials that quite frankly have be tripe and have hit the inside of my dustbin after the first time I have used them :cry:

With the expection of the Clearwater material, I have all of those hook length materials in my tackle box. Between those materials you can cover pretty much all rig situations.

I do really rate the hook length materials by Kryston, and I am always sceptical when I first use materials by other companies. I have had far too many "great" "wonderful" "the best hooklength ever" materials that quite frankly have be tripe and have hit the inside of my dustbin after the first time I have used them :cry:

I'm the same, although a few haven't even hit the Bankside before hitting the Bin.

The strange one was Hybrid though. I tested it and tested it in the Shed on Bench Tests, and was about to use it on the Bank. Yet just before I did a Mate had a serious of Unexplained Breakages. I then started testing it in a small (shallow) pond by hand and discovered that it was prone to Breakage when it just lightly rubbed against any Surface, EVEN Weed, while wet.

Korda recalled and replaced loads of the stuff, but I just won't use it since.

The Clearwater Fluorocarbon I got for fishing very Clear Waters (!) where I thought that a Slightly stiffer Hooklink would be beneficial. It has a good amount of Stretch, which is handy for a Fluorocarbon. I actually use it for Surface Fishing (greased) as well.

One that I have run out of at the moment that I normally keep in the Box is Kryston Multistrand, an excellent Hooklink that can really confuse the Carp, and some Anglers, on how/where to use it.

i have always wondered when using braided hooklinks is it best to use weaker hooklength to your mainline. e.g. 20lb breaking strain mainline & 15lb hooklink braid. or should it the same e.g. 20lb & 20lb.

hope you can help.

danny

always used amnessia,honestly never once had a promblem tackle box full of hooklink material still unopened if its not broken why fix it