newbish question ever?

cragger84

hey up guys, i wanna try start making my own rigs up, i use the Knotless Knot hair rig and i want to try something differant, im new to all this rig making malarkey, ive brought some arma korda braid. ( 30lb ) some 5mm beads and 0.5mm tube and some large braid stops, rig rings ( no idea how to put boilie on with the rig ring ) . what else do i need to make a decent rig ? and how to do it :/ cheers

Pop on Youtube and look for fox, nash, ESP and gardner pages, they all have loads of how to tie different rig videos, It'll help you a lot, many of the videos tie the same rigs just slightly different ways using their own products, so you'll get an idea of what type of product you need rather than watching a fox video and thinking "I have to buy this fox product for this to work" sort of thing.

I did add links to these videos on another thread a while back, I'll try and dig it out and send you the links mate :) hope that'll help.

Edit.

Can't find the post where I listed all the rigs and added a video link to it, it may have been removed but I doubt it, I can't remember which topic it was in either :/ sorry mate, but if you search Youtube for how to tie the "rig name here" rig loads will come up.

I always use the simple knotless knot on mono with a line aligner though, simple and VERY effective, you don't need complicated or fancy rigs to catch fish mate.

If you are going to be making chod rigs you will need some dental floss to tie the bait onto the ring

Fine mono works just as well :wink:

In fact I tie my snowman baits on with fine mono.

cragger84 Posted: 25th Mar 2012 20:47 Post subject: newbish question ever?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey up guys, i wanna try start making my own rigs up, i use the Knotless Knot hair rig and i want to try something differant, im new to all this rig making malarkey, ive brought some arma korda braid. ( 30lb ) some 5mm beads and 0.5mm tube and some large braid stops, rig rings ( no idea how to put boilie on with the rig ring ) . what else do i need to make a decent rig ? and how to do it :/ cheers

Don't confuse yourself with rigs. In most cses a knotless knot rig will work, and is easy to adjust dependant on how the carp are taking. The first thing to look at is your hair length, simply by adjusting that you can get your hookholds in the right place.

For my reference I look at where I hook (or lose) carp. If it is right back in the mouth the hair is too long, if I'm getting right at the front of the mouth or losing fish then the hair is too short, in the centre of the bottom lip, perfect.

Also how you feed or quantity can change where you are hooking fish.

These may offer some help:

https://forum.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?t=37603

https://forum.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?t=22185

I started carp fishing last year, so il tell you from my experiences what is best.

Use a knotless knot setup with a running lead. That's it, from that you can only improve a rig when YOU know and understand why you need too. Maybe the rig isn't hooking property, so you will tweak the rig to suit the hooking properties. As for leaders, in my opinion, don't use one, I don't use one, and have great success using mono straight through. As you get back into it you will understand your components much more and what you need in what situation.

Hope it helps. Ross.