Cromwell Lake, Newark

Cromwell Lake, Newark:

Fishing an event up there very soon, any useful info on the place would be greatly recieved...

I know it has foreign fish in it, but thats where the event is being held...

Please PM me whatever information you have

You and me both mate :lol::lol:

All we seem to know so far is that it's got some stonking fish in there, it's weedy, It looks like a cracking venue and the majority of the locals fish it with bait boats.........have a look at the Northern social (pics added) thread mate, thats where we are headed in 3 weeks time.....

Haha - Nash, do you guys have an event after every social we have on here? lol

I remember the ARC one and you put up a similar post about lake info! lol

Drop in for a brew if you can mate.

Seems like it.... Fishing Barston from this monday for 48hrs, and then Cromwell for 48hrs...

We have the same problem in that, there are not many large lakes that can take 14 pairs for 48hrs exclusive use, so the ones on your circuit are the same..

Tight Lines for your event, hope pull a few lumps out, as the weed shouldn't be too bad...

• 1 month later...
Hi there im also thinking of going in the next couple of weeks, but am I right in saying its 30 quid for 24 hours? Isnt that a bit steep or does that come with guaranteed catch? :lol:

Does anywhere?

Dave - yes chod's with pop up's, a few colour's worked when we were there. The cell worked too

chod with a popup? brightly coloured? Im debating weather or not to use cell on the lake either the fish see it as a food source or its been completely over thrown in??

Can you even fish a chod without using a pop up?

Nash, i just read you had a 48 hour match on Barston, ive fished there a few times, how did you get on mate?