Carping on the river Nene

Hi All, this is my first use of the forum - I joined a couple of weeks back.

I was hoping for some advice on good swims on the river Nene between Thrapston and Peterborough. I drive past this stretch of the river on my way to and from work every day so was hoping to pre-bait a couple of swims over the close season and get stuck in in June.

Any advice on location and/ or tactics on this river would be appreciated. I've always been a stillwater carper but have become quite enamoured with the idea of catching some decent river carp next season!

Phil

Location is the norm mate try the search facility theres a few threads on river location but its the usuall suspects wides,slack areas cover etc etc

The one thing i would say about river carping is the prebait..... A kilo or two of particles/boilies can get blitzed by shoal fish before the carp even get near :shock:

If you find a carpy looking area bait quite heavy so there something left for when the carp turn up :wink:

Thanks for the advice fellas.

Coops, I live in Rothwell, but my journey to work takes me through Thrapston and Oundle to Peterborough. I was planning to pre-bait a couple of swims on my way home from work.

Phil

stop by the industrial park at oundle and walk across to the green footbridge.when its clear you can spot 1 or 2 most the time :wink: