Day tickets North shropshire

cypri1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

>Howle Fisheries, Howle Pool, Newport, Shropshire.

>

>A beautiful, spring-fed, 3 acre pool, depth 2 to 5 feet, situated a mile off the A41 (Wolverhampton to Chester road), between Newport and Market Drayton.

>

>Fully stocked in July 2004, with Carp (mirror and common) to 15lbs (and still growing!), also Roach and Tench.

>

>Day tickets, £5 adults, £3 under 13's, available from Howle Manor farmhouse, which is between the pool and the main road.

>

>Night fishing is £12, by prior arrangement only.

>

>

>

>Contact Andrew and Jane Watson Jones

>

>01952 550308

>

• 2 weeks later...
:roll: merrington is ok, rammed with noddies usually though. get your os map out and look around "norton in hales". and knock on a couple of doors chap. my old stomping ground. well worth the effort, no charge and i know of six different thirties in estate lakes around there and all close to the local boozer too (i used to own it)!!!! :wink:

• 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Howle is full of mirrors and commons between 2 and 12 lbs. It is a runs water. I had seven in three hours on Thursday before the rain forced me to abandon. Biggest was 9.15 and the smallest was 6.3. They are all growing fast, but it is VERY SHALLOW.

You could always try Newport Canal. Don't laugh. The one section is £5 per day and has about 50 big carp in the basin. A friend of mine has had two 30s and I caught a 21.2 mirror yesterday - first cast.

• 1 month later...

anyone know of a good place to fish near ruyton xi towns, im close to merrington but that does not sound to good, and ive only been fishing for about 8 weeks.

im also looking for a syndicate pool near me ive been told there is a place in baschurch but i carnt get any info.

any info or contact details would be great.

cheers