Bait amounts for france

rossmc

Im after some advise regarding how much bait people would take for a weeks fishing in france.

Ive read all sorts of different ideas, even people taking upto 60kg of boilies which to me seems crackers!

The lake Im going to is Martins lake, its 7 acres in size and holds carp to 40lb plus and theres a possiblility that I could be the only angler for that week

Ive been advised by the lake owner that mainline cell or activ-8 work well, but I dont want to put all my eggs in one basket, turn up with a large amount of boilies that the fish could change their minds and not feed on.

I would normally fish chickpea or something different from boilies on my water at home and would like to take some different types of baits so I have a range of things to try.

Basically its my first proper weeks fishing in france and am looking for some advice.

how much would you take?

Would you have a variety of different bait of just one type?

Do you take other baits, chickpea, etc...?

Any help would be great,

Ross

I need to send them an email, gregg who runs the lake comes on here so Im hoping at some point he picks this up, if not ill bob him an email.

Gregg sells maize onsite for a decent price so I will order some for when I get there.

Just wanted other peoples views on how much they would take, when i have fished back home there is always bait going in so i dont bait up with a lot, say a scattering of 30 boilies max so Im trying to get my head around putting kg's of them in, if needs be. I thought about starting just as i would baiting up at home, a small scattering of boilies, and going from there, or with the possibility of being the only angler on the lake should i up the amount?

Been reading through loads of posts and 6 weeks seems like a life time away! Cant wait.

To say a little bit of wee constantly trickles down my leg with excitement wouldnt be far from the truth! :lol:

Guest keenook

Hi Ross, You say you will be alone on the lake, but what about the week befoere? It may have been filled in! My advice would be find the spots you are happy with and get some baits on them, fish for a take at a time, after a take or a fish top it upas and when! Being along on the water means you can move onto fish and not stuck in one swim, which is great!

As for how much bait to take who knows?

As Kenook said,, start of with a little bit, see what goes on and put more in if they are having it,, see if the site has a range of boilies there, as more than likely thats what the fish are used too,,i normally try and work it by the day so maybe 2 kilos a day then if they are on it you could always bulk it out with some particles again most places do there own which are generally well priced and fresh! If you get the lake to yourself then right result! you can always bait a few spots around the lake and visit them throughout the days you there,, sounds like your gonna have a good time either way so tight lines!

is there a freezer you can use on site? if so you can always bring your bait back.

Hemp.Maize party blend all great for bulking out your bait and keeping the fish feeding.

in my opinion the key is watching the spots you want to fish like Keenook said the people the week before could have pilled it. if they are having it and getting on the food a good starting point would be two kilo per rod per day so 30kilo over 5 days for 3 rods.

Also if you have the place to yourself this will allow you to bait up a few margin spots ect and go stalking, which will make it easier to see if the food you have put down has gone.

you could always get yourself 20 k of one and 20 k of another many companies offering a good quality bait will do you a deal on 20 k.

Just remember that you can always add to the lake but not take it out. but you dont want to get stuck away from home running out of bait if you have the ability to keep it frozen. :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

hi it keep it simple i just take boilies and chop most of them up to act as particals, take them out on my boat and every now and again drop a can of tuner on the spot aswell and as for my hook baits i use the same bottom bait topped with a pinnapple popup to catch there eye.

its a good tactic that works well on my syndicate. most french venues sell good bait aswell so keep this in mined i take 10kg and top up if needed when im there because if its blisteringly hot most of the time it turns the fish off but thats when you can find them in the snags and other hanging trees so bait lightly with pva bags thats how to fish france but the sorry truth is people seem to think its a case of chucking out 10kg on one spot in the middle and youll bag up but its not always the case infact ive saw people blank using this tactic were as ive done realy well and saved £100 whilst at it but as some good advice ring the venue find out if they sell your bait if so you cant go far wrong this way and if half way through the week you think you need to step it up a knotch (well you get my point) tight lines :D