The Withy in Telford

Bit of a change at the last minute! ended up going to the Randley Lake, my son had a nice looking 12lb common just after setting up, but had to cut the session short so didn't stay long in the end! saw some nice fish moving about though!

Withy next weekend for defo, sat morning i'll be there

Just came back from a day session at withy , shamefully a big blank ! however plenty of fish moving and jumping just could not get a bite my friend who was after the silver's caught many !!! and few big bream too. bailiff said a 25lb came out last Tuesday and it was supposedly stocked with over 600 carp ranging from 2lb to 20lb s

I wouldnt believe anything the bailiffs tell you, its been years since it did a 20 and 600 carp in there along with all the silvers is a recipe for disaster. Massively overstocked i mean the place is only a couple of acres for christ sake. You will be able to walk over the pool on the backs of the carp, why oh why do some of these places seem to think you need 100s of fish per acre. :evil:

What peg did you fish? it fishes much better at the Rugby club end of the pool!

I saw them re-stocking it last year, they moved all the carp from the 'Bowling Alley' lake into the withy wen it was drained!

Aslo, not sure on numbers, but i know there is 'supposed' to be a lot of catfish in there and 'supposed to be to the 50lb mark.......can anyone cclarify this? i have fished it many times for the CATS and had nothing

i fished parkers about 3 weeks ago it was dead i even change to see if i could get some silvers but i could not get a bite , i was fishing the rugby side at the withy plenty of carp jumping by on of the fallen trees on the side of the lake i got both rods their but nothing at all , went to bayliss for the first time yesterday aswell that seem dead too had plenty of fun stalking in margins tho nothing too big but i had some fun

• 1 month later...

ive been fishing the withy for the last 2 years hard !!! and have had plenty of fish every time i go the pool was stocked last year i was there fishing at the time 150 carp where added from the maybrook pool by summerfield, my best is 18lb but loads of doulbes had a cracking cat of 17lb aswell last year got it on a meaty pop up, also had something take a 3lb skimmer on the way in lol never seen it but it was bloody big, best rigs inline bomb to hairriged boilie with a pva bag full of pellets fished always tight to the lillies, always use braid incase you hook a cat my m8 had 2 kittens last week so they are breeding well, and big boillies to put of the skimmers

any help let me know

i know no fish have been taken out of maebrook pool because they may be helding competitions on their after speaking to the baylis , the stock that came from withy according to the park rangers came from other pools near town park can not remember what they said btu they did say about 150 carp was put in

they got the stock from the far pool called the grange next to the maybrook pool because of hoodys and chavs fishing at night making a mess and drinking buy the posh houses i fished the maybrook this week i know all the park rangers well, thay shocked and necked the grange pool over the road from the middle (maybrook pool) i know what im talking about lol

oh and theres some cracking carp in the middle maybrook ive had 2 at 22 and seen bigger

Yep the carp came from the grange although there are still loads left in there. Madebrooke has always had a few decent ones and the bottom pool also has a few in it as me and my lad had a few out of it last year. Was one of the 22's you had this one by any chance

P1010006.jpg

• 2 years later...

Hiya lads! New to this crack been ween give it a go! :) Iv fished the withy about 4 times this year and each day iv only had the bream in mind. Had a few crackin days, all on the tip and a little on the pole. Now I only did this because I know from about 15 years of fishing the place theres some bosting bream in there and had good sport landing at least 50lb of them and the good size roach. All on 6mm or 8mm (if the bigger slabs are coming on) banded pellet! 16 hook! You all know the crack id just rather put it incase anyone whos never fished it is reading. Now onto the carp.... its rammed full of them! Lol I dont know who it was that stocked it but its balifed now by the town park ranger dude! He told me they now do the blue (clays) and randlay balifing. Anyway the little pool that was over the path from it, small park pool was rammed full of pups about 10 years ago and now its contents are in the withy! However... everytime I go there on a nice enough day there easily 3/400 lb of carp just chilling beans in the dead shallow area were the disc shapped slabb things are! This area is fenced and not a peg so its a no go! But in all hosest you could take your landing net down there and just scoop the things up! So its not something I personaly see a point in venturing! Specialy when the ranger dude will come tell you to shift! Haha Ofcorse tho iv seen douche teenagers with there power carp rods and 25lb line to a barbed size 10 floating bread and in my opinion kicking the fish in the balls so if you do have the odd one with a mess of a mouth youl know why! I think theyv not yet settled but in all fairness with some of the Cats that call the withy home swimming about id rather be in a net! Haha There are and always have been a good few big carp in there from old and that have spawed so its always worth a go! I just think in sumary that if your not going for the bream and roach then go for the carp in the rain on a crap day, maybe then the numbers will move on into open drink and feed! Ive also had a good few Crucian on the tip! All the best :wink: Rob