Do any rigs act as we think

jemsue5

my self ive allways had rigs based on the origanal hair rig but with some alterations and i still catch when otheres blank . with mags showing the new BIG rig to use most peaple jump on the band wagon with out thinking and knowing how the rig works and how carp feed , if new or old carp anglers took the time to study how carp feed they will learn a lot more then jumping on the new BIG rig .

Odd post Pippa; you seem to suggest that just about everyone is wrong apart from you?

all im saying is if you took the time out and learned how carp feed instead of jumping on the GOING RIG ( chod rig) to name one you will get more out of your fishing , how many carp anglers actually know how a rig works and were to use it properly .

look at this way every one seems to use the chod rig chuck it out and it catches how many know how and why it works i bet not many do.

so all im saying is instead of jumping on the band wagon and useing the going rig peaple need to learn about rig machanics and how carp feed then decide wich rig to use .

in all the years of carp fishing 20 years i have not once jumped on the new rig published in mags and never will.

Guest Anonymous

I don't buy mags but do use chods (but I've only been carp fishing for 33 years zzzzzzzzzz :wink: ) on the advice of friends who were on them before me, I also use blowback rigs for bottom baits. I carry 4 different hooklength materials which cover everything, Esp bristle, Esp sinklink, Gardner subterfuge and a spool of camfusion. I've also got a couple of different sizes of rig rings, some shrink tube and Mugga's, Gardner chods and Esp stiff riggers in various sizes. I don't own or have never watched any Korda dvd and still catch my share.............I gents...........am amazing! :D

Personally I don't think it massively matters Wat rig u use aslong as you have confidence in it. I only use a couple if rigs to cover different situations that I have confidence in. I think it matters more were you put your rig than Wat the rig is or how it works aslong as have an idea how it Should work in water.

• 2 weeks later...

Totaly agree with Pippa. People make a living from carping and have to justify their existance by inventing the most over complicated rigs imaginable which, in turn, sells the monthly mags which brainwash most readers in to believing that unless they use the rig of the month they wont put a lump on the bank. Keeeep it simple, the most important thing is to locate your prize and gain a good knowledge of the best spot/s to present your bait and forget the fancy rigs, a basic hair presentation works for me

all im saying is if you took the time out and learned how carp feed instead of jumping on the GOING RIG ( chod rig) to name one you will get more out of your fishing , how many carp anglers actually know how a rig works and were to use it properly .

look at this way every one seems to use the chod rig chuck it out and it catches how many know how and why it works i bet not many do.

so all im saying is instead of jumping on the band wagon and useing the going rig peaple need to learn about rig machanics and how carp feed then decide wich rig to use .

in all the years of carp fishing 20 years i have not once jumped on the new rig published in mags and never will.

i could easily tell you how the rig works but there would be no point as i dont like the rig :wink: