Shropshire can anyone help me pls

i no this may be along shot,but does anyone no of any hidden gems in north shropshire.iv fished nearly all the well known pools,club waters,and syndicates over the years.and i just need to get away from the masses.i cant belive how so many people become instant carpers with out learning there trade on the rivers or canal.hope someone can help me..thanks..

edited to remove text talk

I dont know if this helps !

Well my dads m8 is owner of Blakemere Leisure its currently frozen over at the moment however it has a cracking stock of carp and quite few large ones too however it is quite expensive but the rules are quite reasonable and they dont allow many anglers on at a time so you aint got lines running left right and centre however it is bookings only ... im booked in to go Janaury !!!!! check the website loads of info !!!

Another fav of mine is Marchamley near Hodnet i just love to fish this place dno why ! .. the owner says theirs only 1 30+ but theirs loads of doubles in their and supposingly a big cat ! (not 100% sure about this one) it can be quite pressured at time i prefer to go in the week so not as busy and prices not that bad £10 a night

Hope this helps ... have look on google i searched for carp pools in shropshire and theirs loads which come up !!!

• 2 weeks later...

hi thanks for your replys lads,iv not fished blakemere leisure be for.iv fished marchamly.not a bad little water can be slow fishing.not sure about a 30 but iv had them up to 24lb.there is a clonking big cat in there it must be over 40lb.i saw it on the bank about 8 years ago at 32lb..iv typed in fishing in north shrop but iv fished most of them..iv been on google earth but some pools and lakes iv found i cant find who own them.im struggling since i gave my meres ticket up....thanks again lads..i hope blakemere isnt froze for u in jan mate

Iv seen the 30 come out of Marchamley when i was fishing their last ! i know what you mean by it being slow ! ... im planning on trying the pool furthest on the left next time i go as you drive thru the gates do you know anythign about that pool i was told the big cats in that one ... but you here so many rumours you dont know what to belive ..... but i do recomment Blakemere apart from the price its good !

sorry mate i dont, iv never fished it i know there are a couple of cats in ther but thay were only small when they went in a few years ago.might try blakemere in the new year.not sure were you live but you shuld try and get a ellesmere ticket i use to be a member.its good fishing on the meres but its not easy though.

edited for text talk AGAIN. please refrain from using text talk

gaz

sorry mate i dont iv nver fished it i no ther r a cuple of cats in ther but thay were only small wen they went in a few yrs ago.mite try blakemere in the new yr.not sure were u live but u shuld try and get a ellesmere ticket i use to b a member.its good fishing on the meres but its not easy tho.

As I understand it, text talk is prohibited on this forum. If you can take the trouble to fire up your keyboard, for heaven's sake take the trouble to communicate in your mother tongue, English! Or maybe you didn't bother with school.

Ian

sorry mate i dont iv nver fished it i no ther r a cuple of cats in ther but thay were only small wen they went in a few yrs ago.mite try blakemere in the new yr.not sure were u live but u shuld try and get a ellesmere ticket i use to b a member.its good fishing on the meres but its not easy tho.

As I understand it, text talk is prohibited on this forum. If you can take the trouble to fire up your keyboard, for heaven's sake take the trouble to communicate in your mother tongue, English! Or maybe you didn't bother with school.

Ian

Mark, I've just read your comment about dyslexia on the Non Carp Banter section. I have to admit that this wasn't something I'd considered when criticising your use of text talk. Based upon that I hope that you'll accept my genuine and sincere apology for my attack.

I'll try to be more tolerant in future. :roll:

Ian

Ian

Mark, I've just read your comment about dyslexia on the Non Carp Banter section. I have to admit that this wasn't something I'd considered when criticising your use of text talk. Based upon that I hope that you'll accept my genuine and sincere apology for my attack.

I'll try to be more tolerant in future. :roll:

Ian

same as and well said ian :)

its ok lads ill try my best not to use it.apollages acceped tho thers no hard fealings

Mark, changing the topic somewhat, have you ever fished Merrington? We've had a social and several mini-socials there. It's a nice place to be, although the carp don't surrender easily :shock:

Ian

• 1 month later...
i no this may be along shot,but does anyone no of any hidden gems in north shropshire.iv fished nearly all the well known pools,club waters,and syndicates over the years.and i just need to get away from the masses.i cant belive how so many people become instant carpers with out learning there trade on the rivers or canal.hope someone can help me..thanks..

Hi

Ive just leased a carp lake-Its 15 miles west of Shrewsbury in Four Crosses,Powys.The Carp Lake is in a secluded area.Its 2 1/2 acres with a good head of Carp(approx 100+ to 10lb,30 between 10 and 19lb with over 10 above 20lb)the biggest that came out last year was 25lb and the carpers have seen bigger.There is a good head of roach and rudd with perch to 4lb,a handful of chub to 5lb and a few tench.We are stocking in a couple of weeks with 10"chub and tench and 2 lb carp which will grow on quickly as there is an abundance of natural food(all carp in the lake were stocked over the last 15 years at no more than 2lb).We are going to sell day tkts(not on bank-will be phone bookings) with no more than 5 a day and season tkts with a max of 20.

Will be open for fishing probs sometime in March as we are making 10 suitable pegs and to let the new fish settle.

Cheers

edited to remove text talk

Where are you from Dave?

How long do you have the lease for? It could be a nice little pool there. It's like fishing the blue lagoon!

I have only had an hours stalking on there last summer, but have had some massive roach out of the other lake.

I'm not sure the fish are all that big in there from what I witnessed when they were spawning last two years and the numerous times I have walked around.

It would get quite cramped if all proposed five swims were taken. I suppose it depends on how you place them?

If your figures are right, do you think such a small water needs more stock going in to it? Especially at that size of fish?

Hope it all works out for you.