River carp rig !

brett_rev

i wouldnt fish slack lines unless fishing up stream,down stream id say is a no no, even on a slow flowing river,where the mean flow is a lot greater then you may think.

unless they see lots of pressure i wouldnt worry,if it got a hook and bait the rig will work

Guest keenook

Never river fished for Carp,

But would a shorter mono or fluro hooklink not be better, as there is less chance for the rig to tangle or get snagged in swimmer weed ect?

I could see a long braid hooklink posing many problems in weed and rocks ect :?

i did say as slack as POSSIBLE allowing for tow :roll:

no you didnt :roll: you just said as slack as possible.........its possible to leave the bail arm open.

some one on here new to the sport may not know your reasons for this,as you didnt give one. then after you added"the tow".

River carp are simple creatures and not at all riggy. I use a nice strong size 4 hook, 25lb cortex link and what ever size running lead i need to hold in the flow. Rigs are about 10" long and that has caught me a few river carp over the years.

mine are ready to go for next week. i use 1.5oz inline leads (flat pear) with 4 inch supernatural hooklinkswith a blob of putty half way, for hooks i swap between size 10 series 5s for corn and size 6 widegapes for boilies, however the new fang twister could be the new hook being slightly longer shank that most wide gapes.

As for the fish not being riggy, well some are around here Jez, i watch them pick up the bait then spit it out regularly.

Not riggy on the mighty river Severn but then again only a few of us are mad enough to target so few fish in 220 miles of water so no pressure on them. I know that i wouldnt stand a chance using something like a size 10 with a decent fish and a strong flow on the Severn, give me a proper bit of steel in their gob any time.