Wildmoor Waters, report

Wildmoor Waters,

7 of us booked exclusive rights this weekend just gone( May 28-31st 2010) to main lake, 5 on bank and 2 in far cabin. both other cabins were booked too, we spoke to guy in one of the cabins and he was fishing 3 rods that with our total rods brought the total to 21 rods.

Bait used ( That i can remember)

Cell

Spicy Tuna chilli

Betaine Green Grd/B

Sweetcorn 42

CC Moore Bloodworm

K-G-1

Particle 42

Pineapple

Active-8 pops

Hemp/Bloodworm

Pulse

Strawberry / Cream pops

Sweetcorn 42 pops

The one

Squid/ Octopus

Strawberry/Cream pops

Kick

Bait boats : on lake 3

Weather

Friday Sunny/ Warm

Saturday Heavy rain

Sunday Cloudy / sun

Monday cloudy /sun

TOTAL CATCH = 2 FISH

1@ 12 LB

1@ 13 LB

This trip was booked by a friend, not until it was booked did i take a look at the forums, to be honest after reading reports i was taken a back a bit by the negative feedback which seems to be 80% poor 20% good, but went with an open mind, and anglers attiude to prove the knockers wrong.

Unfortunatley they were right, and over 3 days 6 of us blanked 1 caught the above 2 fish and the guy in the cabin blanked also, this is obviously pressured lake, and with over 21 rods on a 4 acre lake.

All types of tatics were covered by all of us, numerous types of rigs, boillies presentations etc, baits,

After packing up and sitting down before leaving we all discussed the trip, and the general concensus was that there simply can't be the amount of fish stated (400) in the lake, and they just were not feeding,

We also got many conflicting bits of infomation from the owners, one of the lads was told there 12 fish 30+ in the lake, another was told there was 30 fish 30+ fish in the lake.

On the website there is a lot of pictures of one particular guy a regular, i was told he fishes peg 3 if he can't he won't fish there, one of the other lads was told the same story but he was told the peg at the end nearest the offices on the cabin side of the lake.

You say it may be the anglers themselves, possibly, but 5 of the anglers are seasoned anglers with decades of experience and there's not a lot they do not know, and their eqipment would reflect that, and 2 anglers who have been fishing just over a year.

The swims are very tight at wildmoor the trees each side have grown to point, whre you have at max 10 degress of cast from centre so your swim is very limited, this is typical of pegs 1, 2 and 3. collectivly we left a fair few rigs in them trees, trying to get to certain spots.

We also were warned to take care of new planted oak trees, but couldn't work out why they had been planted ! they seem to have planted them on peg 2 right behind the pontoon, restricting how far behind you can take your rod.

The owner also allows here dogs to follow her around the lakes, there were two large piles of s**t by the bivvies, which had not been picked up.

Shower is hot and wet, there was a toilet there although the seat was broken but i didnt know that until i surfed of it.

There are a lot of ducks a Wildmoor !, i had anything upto 10 ducks collecting in and around my poontoon and they are persistant little buggars, seagulls are also an issue, ensure you bring double the bollies you are going to ping out for every 2 that go out your lose one, We actually counted 12 seagulls at my swim at one point and were lucky if any any bollies made it to the bottom.

As for the cabins i popped over and had a look at freinds one, they are very nice indeed, i didn't enquire to the cost but they are very modern and clean inside.

Would i return to Wildmoor..............No i don't think so.

Still had a great time and good crack with the lads which always takes the edge of bricking on 3 day trip.

After reading this post I would like to support this write up on this fishery.

I also done 5 DAYS with 5 PEOPLE and we caught ONE fish (10lb), we used every bait we could think of including the poor Coltsworld bait which is recomends to use

We all fished and every point on the lake so it could not of been that we was at the wrong end

We tried Every rig possible but to be honest i think we would of had more luck in a fish tank ! SIMPLE

I agree with the stupid tree planted right behind where your casting ! Maybe they are for the best anyway because there is no point casting because your wasting your time

If anyone out there can write a good report on this lake about the decent fish they have caught, then believe me you are GOD

PLEASE LISTENING TO THIS BECAUSE YOUR HAVE MORE ENJOYING FISHING FOR GOLDFISH :D

i fished there last year. me and my mate were in the cabin on the large lake. there were also 5 bivvies along side of us who all blanked. we stayed monday-friday and had 2 fish (1 each). also heard that some fish have been removed. the reason they reccomend cotswold bait is that the bailiff's son is part owner of the company.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
simmons Posted: 14th Feb 2012 10:51 Post subject: Wildmoor Waters

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys, I am looking to book a weeks fishing at Wildmoor Waters and have the choice of any of the lakeside lodges, has anyone got any ideas which would be the best one to book, It looks a fantastic place and I think cheap for what you are getting,so any advice greatly received.

cobleyn

Jedi

Posted: 14th Feb 2012 12:29 Post subject: wildmoor

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd do a search - I seem to remember some negative stuff last year.

simmons

Hi, thanks for that, yes just been looking at various threads here and there and it seems that most of the fish were taken out of these lakes? very dissapointing, be happy if anyone can confirm this or has any up to date information, lovely place to fish but if there aint no fish its an expensive mistake to make.

Just had a response from Alison at Wildmoor who confirms the fish are still in these lakes and it seems some people have been spreading rumours, I shall see for myself in due course as I am about to book the Top lake, hopefully I shall be able to report back with some positive news as I see most of these threads are from 2 years ago, at least I shall know one way or the other, anyone else got any views or up to date information.

Just had a response from Alison at Wildmoor who confirms the fish are still in these lakes and it seems some people have been spreading rumours, I shall see for myself in due course as I am about to book the Top lake, hopefully I shall be able to report back with some positive news as I see most of these threads are from 2 years ago, at least I shall know one way or the other, anyone else got any views or up to date information.

Good luck, but why would you? There are plenty of decent places to fish, why would you go to somewhere which is being universally panned? What's the point of forums like this working hard to help anglers avoid being ripped off if they ignore the advice?

If they have removed, and possibly sold the better fish in the lakes without telling anyone, then they should be avoided at all costs.

Guest Anonymous

i respect your up for a challenge and to see for yourseld what the place is like butt...

It expensive enough as it is and to pay all that for a 10 lb er i wouldnt, id rather spend my time on watermarks little horseshoe which is practically next door to wildmoor :wink:

I have spoken with the fishery direct and they have confirmed that numbers of fish they state are correct, I guess they would wouldnt they, they say ther is a lot of bad press but also some good, so I thought they only way to find out is to give it a go, nobody has come back with anything positve perhaps they dont want you to fish it !!!!

I have spoken with the fishery direct and they have confirmed that numbers of fish they state are correct, I guess they would wouldnt they, they say ther is a lot of bad press but also some good, so I thought they only way to find out is to give it a go, nobody has come back with anything positve perhaps they dont want you to fish it !!!!

Do you really think the chap who created his Carp.com account just for the purpose of warning anglers about the poor fishing at this place, really did it to keep other anglers away? And bish_471985 has already supported everything he posted, not to mention all of the other negative stuff out there. Do you seriously think that all of this is some massive conspiracy to stop news of the weonderful fishing to be had there from getting out? Really?

Fair point.

But you might fish it, have a great session then come back here and slag it off so no-one else goes there and you can keep it for yourself! :lol:

How has bish supported the two posts slating the place? And yes, I would be very cautious of taking people's advice who have only one post to their name.

Apologies, it wasn't bish, it was fergie69.

Personally, my fishing time is quite limited. I wouldn't want to take the chance of fishing somewhere like that, when I could fish at places I know contain decent fish, and are well, and honestly run. If you've got the time to waste, good luck to you.