Im off to leighton pools for another go any pointers?

Hi Paddy,

Fished it a couple of times towards the backend of last year also on peg 9. I took 2 fish during the 48 hrs i was there the first time one of 18 lovely looking old mirror during the day then a common of 20lb 2oz on the night. You need to get as close to the bushes to your right as possible. If you have a bait boat you can actually drop your bait nearly 3-4 feet under them. Another place to try is a tree in front of you off the island whch grows right on the edge of it, drop a bait about 2-3 feet off it. Hope this helps, you really need to talk to bezza on here he is up there quite a bit, I met him up there last September, offered to help with the photo bless him but he was the other side of the pool so didn't want him to have to reel in his rods. Fool I know it was a lovely looking mirror :oops: Took my fish on SBS M1's and on Solar Quench pop-ups fished aboout 1" off bottom up close to the right side bushes.

Tight lines,

Shaun

I had the mis-fortune of trying this place last year. Nothing wrong with the pools...just the owners.

We got there on friday night, for a weekend stint and didnt see anyone 'till sat morning. No probs there. Then the ownders son came around the peg (and without introdcing himself) critiqued everything I was doing. Not want you want from a 13 year old. Once he was introduced, he then waited until I was just about to cast before informing me that he wanted to inspect my rig. I was then informed: No artificals (ie Maize), No safety clips - no helicopters- no chods(running rigs only), no combi link material- Mono only etc etc etc.

I politely said "I'll tell you what... I'm off". 10 minutes later his 20 stone Dad came down, sticking his chest out and looking all surly.

Lifes too short and there's too many good waters out there to waste money when lake owners want to get arsey with people- they dont publish their rules at the lake (and dont meet you to tell them to you)and then pick fault with perfectly sensible rigs that would be allowed in every other lake in the country.

i am quite shocked by your post mate, we have been on there for three seasons on and off and never been treated like that.

we have never had rigs checked (not that i mind) and the no chods,combis,helicopters or safety clips were banned is news to me.

its a shame because there is some nice fish in there

Oh right well welcome again Paddy, anything you want to ask send me a pm mate. I think Shaun may have got mixed up with the pegs your asking about as the way hes describing it and the peg i saw him on was 6, still advice all the same. On peg 9 just bear in mind that its the only place on the pool that the suns hitting all day. I havent actually fished that peg but always seen fish out in front of it every time i walk round it. I personally use zigs a lot on there, not many others do and its got me bites in the past when nothing else has produced for anyone. Its quite shallow up that bay so try to keep off the boards as much as you can to keep noise to minimum. I even tend to have my alarms turned off in the day just to keep things down. Other than that theres not much to the place i dont think, just make sure your rigs are in tip top condition and everything should be ok :wink:

Yeh the curry was great thanks and the beer i will have to see you pair again to give you a beer and food although my cooking is shocking so you may want to pass lol i will order a curry for delivery lol im shocked about the other bloke who had fished there and got treated like that sorry to hear that mate. I am thinking of not going as the lake is full and peg 9 don't look that good and like you say and i thought this staying off the boards maybe a problem as behind there is only a space big enough for 1 bivvy so i might have to put it up on the pier.

i will have to see it looked tight to me and cant remember seeing any pallets there.

Yeh they`ve sorted the peg out now so there should be room for your bivvy but like Stoogi said, its a pain there when its rammed. Then again when you work monday to friday theres not much you can do. How long you going for? Might be quiet in the day if its busy there but could pick up in the night. Worth a dip either way mate, it definately holds fish :D

You are right beza,

just looked on google earth and i was in peg 6 :oops: hoping to get down next month if possible, I will let you know when in case you are there . I will make sure I get decent picture out of you and I will put the kettle on or throw a nice cold beverage in your direction. :wink:

Im in 2 minds now of wether to go lol it won't be so bad if that peg didnt look so tight and also the walk to it. Don't want to sound lazy lol

That is sounding lazy :lol: It might look tight but it definately holds fish, just keep quiet and you should do ok :wink:

You are right beza,

just looked on google earth and i was in peg 6 :oops: hoping to get down next month if possible, I will let you know when in case you are there . I will make sure I get decent picture out of you and I will put the kettle on or throw a nice cold beverage in your direction. :wink:

Sound mate, a nice cold beverage sounds better than a brew if its all the same :lol: At least i know your username now :lol: