Melton pits suffolk.

It's a rumour I first heard bandied about last year or even before that they were losing or had lost the lakes.

Melton has had problems for a number of years, with some of the local pikies and idiots deciding that anglers were fair game for robbing.

I'll try to keep an eye on the lake as I can often wangle a trip past it for work :wink::!:

It's been confirmed melton pits has been sold to a new owner, probably going syndicate. :cry:

Problem is that Melton as a Day Ticket water has been trouble for anglers and local residents for a few years.

The local residents are fed up with the constant noise and abuse from irresponsible anglers, pikies and thieving gits, and some of the anglers are obviously upset at being done over.

I fished the Specimen lake years ago with a mate, and even then we were worried about the idiots around. The Match lake was good for a few hours stalking or catching little fish.

As a syndicate it can be fenced in and the majority of the trouble will stop.

It is just a shame that what few waters around Suffolk will be even less, or maybe that is a good thing :?

In the summer it was over run with kids, some fishing, some just walking around getting on peoples nerves.

The trouble was it was cheap (£10 for 24 hrs) and really the prices could have gone up to deter the trouble makers and some money should have been spent on some gates/security.

See what happens now, i agree it could be a great water with a bit of work.

you both have a valid point as their are some nice fish in their it would be nice to see the water run properly and some addtional fish added...

If the 2 lakes get joined together their won't be a need for additonal fish!

The fish in the Match lake go to double figures, and there are at least 4 30's in the Specimen lake.

Some of the fish in the Specimen lake are real crackers looks wise, heavily scaled and with some beautiful patterns as well as some sparsely scaled mirrors

I always thought it would make a great syndicate.... It was a decent day ticket water years ago until they changed bailiffs. I stopped fishing it when the toerag they gave the job to use to walk around the lakes to collect money while leaving his rods out. He also had a side trade in illegal drugs :?:evil:

as rumour goes, a mate told me someone was walking around a few weeks ago, mesureing up the lake, when he spoke to them they said:

" there will be fewer pegs, and the price will go up a bit more,and it will be fenced in".

meltons been a loosely termed syndicate in the past and it didnt really work back then, good luck to who evers bought it tho, its been a long time coming.

indeed,top bloke, and sometimes he would fish inbetween the bivvys boys as well just to rub it in a little bit more, i think held held the final ticket purely on the fact he never abused his situation by just fishing 2 hrs 2 x a week, unlike the rest of the syndicate who lost theres.

I fished it 4 weeks ago and the Baliff was working on the swims (using the word working losely) and a balding gentleman came down and was taking water samples away and was amazed to see the baliff working on the swims as he said the offer had been accepted and was with the solicetors.

ha ha ...i really hope not...ive watched him on several occasions see people catch nice fish then go over and brag how how cought a bigger one from weybread pits... another rumour is some who is sponsored by tails up is going to be helping with the water ....

haha, dont you just love rumours?, shame the rumour couldnt of been a diff bait sponser, their ones dont seem too have anyone with a age over 25 in their line up.

i wouldnt have much faith in the fishery management aspect, it would be much the same as now, same chav, different hat.

one thought did cross my mind today if it did become the rumoured syndicate, all the knives in backs just too get on it.

not my cup of tea, but im sure the comedy of it would keep me entertained as i drove past it too greener pastures.

• 2 weeks later...