Melton pits suffolk.

I've had a look round recently and there is nothing new in terms of ownership of the lake, they are still owned and run as Breakaway Fisheries, Brick Kiln Farm, Melton Lakes.

The Match Lake is 1 rod only and no boilies, barbless hooks only. An adult Day Ticket, 1 Rod (on either lake) is £6 if purchased in advance from Breakaway or Stuart Claytraps. Stock in the Match lake, a number of bream, perch, and carp to around 15lb.

From what I can gather, it has been fishing fairly well, even now in November and a few fish have been showing on floater (still). Best baits have been dog biscuit, pellet or worm and fished on either a cage or method feeder. For some reason float fishing has not been particularly good, but that may be down to feeding.

The Specimen Lake is £8 for 2 rods for a day, but 24 hour and weekly tickets are available.

When I had a look around there were no carp anglers bivvied up, but a chap was moving around after seeing fish and setting up on them. I believe he was just doing the day. A few fish showed and bubbled while I walked around.

I'm not sure of the largest fish anymore, more due to not keeping in touch as much as I like, rather than any thefts or fish going missing, but I know of a few 20's coming out.

• 8 months later...