Which boilie to take to France?

shizle

Thinking about going to a French venue in April/May time, don't know were yet though.

I am going to take one type of boilie for the whole week.

I just don't know which one to go for. I am not the type of angler who normal sticks to one brand or type.

I have read in the past to take a larger size,maybe 20mm...Why is this?

So, any ideas? What would you take for seven days in France.

Thanks.

Well that is the age old question does size matter, Being a bloke I am going to say its not size that matters but what you do with it !!! In my lake in France I have caught many large fish in 15mm/18mm boilies you can catch a 40lb plus carp on a single grain of corn I think presentation is more important as regards flavour well everyone will say something different whats important is that you are confident in the bait, and you use the best quality that you can afford, The one thing I will say is that if you go to a lake that sells there own boilies give them a go as that is what the fish are use too.Hope that helps a bit

Shizle, have you been to France before? The best people to advise on which baits work best are the fishery owners, after all it is in their interest that you have a good week and rebook. I have fished in France for many years and from my own experience, I think that the trend is that smaller baits 16mm and 18mm are more effective these days, I no longer fish with 20mm boilies. Obviously every venue is different! I would not consider trying a venue for the 1st time and put all my eggs in 1 basket by only taking 1 size and 1 make of boilie. If you are considering booking a holiday for April/May this year, you have left it very lake. Have a good holiday.

you need to know what lake your going to fish first.as some of them sell bait when you get there so there choice of bait should also be yours.or like the above post says get in touch with the owner/bailiff he will point you in the right direction.as for bait size your nearly always told to take big baits to france.so why not be different and take small baits,10 or 12mm.i know for a fact that this method works for some of the top european anglers

Me personally i take 14mm and 18mm with 10mm used in loose feed that way you can ring the changes, as for type two years ago i used KG-1's which brought me a 49lb 12oz mirror, and last year i use SC25 from tails-up which brought me a 53lb mirror so when i go at the end of April I'll be using that again.

hi mate ....

in my eyes any freezer boilie by mainline is the way to go CELL/PRO ACTIVE PINEAPPLE/GRANGE OR PULSE are super baits....just another great bait PINEAPPLE HI VIZ POP UP on a bed of partical

then again thats only my opinion :lol: a lot of people would say nash SCOPEX SQUID RED ROBIN :shock: or other nash baits :shock: but NASH is really not for me to many rumours about there bait for my likeing.... :evil:

remember just my opinion.... :D