unusual baits

andycapp

Slugs, thats not a Strange Bait, that one of my Stalking Specials :wink:

Try Malteasers, Jelly Babies, Cola Bottles and goodness knows how many other sweets. Baked Beans, Sugar Puffs, all work.

Think there was another thread not that long ago on strange baits, I'll try to find it!

Slugs, thats not a Strange Bait, that one of my Stalking Specials :wink:

Try Malteasers, Jelly Babies, Cola Bottles and goodness knows how many other sweets. Baked Beans, Sugar Puffs, all work.

Think there was another thread not that long ago on strange baits, I'll try to find it!

that would definetely be worth ago, Put baked beans in your spod mix and fish a couple of been hook baits over the top. :D

• 8 months later...
Just wandering what unusual baits people have used in the past and caught on?. A friend told me that he caught using a jelly babie which i find hard to believe but thought it might be a good subject !

I've caught on a jelly baby before, admittadely it was on a runs water where you could catch on just about anything. :D

i caught on a stick afew weeks ago on the surfacei ran out of fake mixers so i cut a stick down with me knife and took the bark of it and superglue it to the shank lol. and ive caught on a slug on the bottom

How can u run out of fake mixers?

As you dont lose them when you get a fish!!!

i caught on a stick afew weeks ago on the surfacei ran out of fake mixers so i cut a stick down with me knife and took the bark of it and superglue it to the shank lol. and ive caught on a slug on the bottom

How can u run out of fake mixers?

As you dont lose them when you get a fish!!!

i always find a way to lose things m8 im rubbish at keepin my tackle tidy. and they do sometimes coem off when playing fish

• 1 month later...
i have seen people fishing with lettuce for grassies which was all a bit strange! :?

There's a lake in Wychnor (staffordshire) that you can catch the carp with grass every cast an inch away from the bank :shock::shock::?

Come to think of it i caught on a plain hook there aswell takes abit longer for the bites but still caught :shock::?

There is a female carp angler in sweden whoose name is Inger Nilsson. She wrote an article last year or the year before about alternative baits.

During her "test" she caught carp on raspberries, mushrooms, candy and some more interesting stuff.

She also happened to be my cooking-teacher a couple of years ago :wink: Her husband (or boyfriend, cant remember if they are married) is also a very good specimenhunter. His name is Kristian Nilsson.

There is a female carp angler in sweden whoose name is Inger Nilsson. She wrote an article last year or the year before about alternative baits.

During her "test" she caught carp on raspberries, mushrooms, candy and some more interesting stuff.

She also happened to be my cooking-teacher a couple of years ago :wink: Her husband (or boyfriend, cant remember if they are married) is also a very good specimenhunter. His name is Kristian Nilsson.

Well they both have the same surname so i would presume they are married :wink::lol:

Well they both have the same surname so i would presume they are married :wink::lol:

Thats what I presume too :wink:

LMAO .. deary me :lol: