Telford park

beza26

That thread on blackroot pool on sutton park has just reminded me, does anyone know anything about the pool on Telford park?

I went there back in the summer to take the little one to that wonderland thing and had a walk round. There was a chap float fishing who said carp and cats upto 30? No night fishing but people do and nothing gets said basically and same goes for the money, meant to be a few quid a day but no-one ever comes round for it.

Anyone with any knowledge of the place? Lovely looking water.

I think it's either Blue Pool or Randlay Pool, both are TAA membership. I've not got round to fishing it yet, too many waters to choose from.

I could be wrong though, Jez is the man to ask. If it's in Telford, he knows about it :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

It's not the Blue pool. The one next to the kids play area is the Withy pool it is run by the council and day ticket money is collected by the park rangers. Deffo no night fishing no matter what you've been told. Plenty of carp and cats but it's about 20 years since it did a 30lber. Lots of cats to mid doubles with the odd 20 and the carp are about the same size. Easy water and a good bet for someones first cat if after one.

The pool next to wonderland with the open air theatre is Randley pool, lots of small carp and hardly any cats and night fishing allowed run by TAA.

I could be wrong though, Jez is the man to ask. If it's in Telford, he knows about it :wink:

Yold ya :lol:

Told....even. :roll: Mod has failed you. Try vodka instead. :wink:

Ian

:oops: 1 letter off on the keyboard.

Dod off :wink:

Good answer :D Enjot your break.

Ian

I was going to say get ducked, but thought better of it.

• 3 weeks later...

well i fished withy a while back nice pool and good features to aim for my biggest was 19lb mirror with half its tail fin missing so u will know if u catch it again aha. Nice place but there are so many skimmer bream which will keep ur bobbins bouncing lol so i recommend using slightly bigger baits as they drive you madd i caught a tiny skimmer on a size 8 and a 16mm boilie :twisted: . But ye well worth agoo

pumpkin123 :D:D