light my fire

gavskin

nearly finished chilly's book....i dont really know a great deal on the well known carp boys these days but ive read a few bits of his writings in various mags and wanted to know more,the book takes you from his army days right through his fishing carreer its so funny in places some of the things they got up too and the amount of cold ones drunk im suprised they caught any carp at all had me laughing out loud! but what does shine through is the amount of time and determination he has put into his anging and with a very ill wife too....i would say chilly is as hard as nails and must be a superb guy to fish with if you ave £25 burning a hole in your pocket you wont regret buying this book,great storys and tales and some stunning pics too :wink:

A book ive been meaning to get my hands on for ages now, top man chilly, and definately great work with ECHO, id read a fair few of his pieces in a few mags etc and his way of thinking and the way he explains his angling is a lot more the kind of thing i can relate to than other "famous" anglers who are only either selling a brand or a new rig etc, from what i gathered he just says it like it is, and thats the way i like it :):wink:

Good review, its persuaded me to buy it :D

thanks...not done a review before but wanted to let folks know how funny the book is in places,as said his determination to catch carp is rather amazing at times.....i dont mean in a pile the bait in and wait kind of way more of things like breaking ice in his pants and fishing swims that are not really swims......a kind of action man angler :lol::lol::lol:

Good review, its persuaded me to buy it :D

thanks...not done a review before but wanted to let folks know how funny the book is in places,as said his determination to catch carp is rather amazing at times.....i dont mean in a pile the bait in and wait kind of way more of things like breaking ice in his pants and fishing swims that are not really swims......a kind of action man angler :lol::lol::lol:

I ordered today, £25 from Waterstones with free postage :D

I've got Chilcott's book 'Tackling Carp' but thats just a how to fish book rather than his story which was what I wanted to read.

• 7 years later...