maggots

1chris1

:lol: you feeling ok chris??you dont need a sit down after all that ??

im only joking fella :lol:

id use a running rig, inline would give a bit of both, but i tend to use inline in weed and add a bead to stop the swivel sitting inside which reduces the hooking potential but keeps the indication up with the run rig.

For ways to attach the actual maggots to the hook try this:

https://forum.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?t=26868&highlight=maggot+rig

I found it on the search facility by typing in "Maggot rig", clicking search all terms, then specified Rig Tying section :wink:

I'll tell you that there are others, I just picked the first that the mouse hovered over...

As for the lead attachment or set-up, work out what you want to do;

whether the small fish are going to be a nuisance, if they are then you may need maximum indication as a semi-fixed set-up may NOT tell you if small fish have robbed you blind, but with a running lead set-up you will know if small fish are in the area.

Alternatively using plenty of maggots the carp may just sit there and scoff, and you may need to force them to panic and bolt :!:

:lol::lol: santa :roll: i aint 5 am 15 :lol::lol:

what u tryin to say? im thick n i dnt no any thing about fishin?

Careful, you putting words into peoples mouth, although the thought that you need to get out and experience things may definitely help you had sprung to mind :wink:

By the way, Santa Claus did exist, he was an Eastern European or Turk (can't remember which) who did go around at Christmas time giving gifts to those who were struggling to survive, hence why we remember Saint Nicklaus

Careful, you putting words into peoples mouth, although the thought that you need to get out and experience things may definitely help you had sprung to mind :wink:

By the way, Santa Claus did exist, he was an Eastern European or Turk (can't remember which) who did go around at Christmas time giving gifts to those who were struggling to survive, hence why we remember Saint Nicklaus

or a turk???? are they not easten europeans then???

that still dont narrow it down , that could include us if you're irish

or a turk???? are they not easten europeans then???

that still dont narrow it down , that could include us if you're irish

Correct, some Turks are not Eastern European, but actually Asian, check where the border is, The Bosphorus, running right through Istanbul :wink:

what do you meen by i need to get out and experience things mate?

I've said it to you before; As much as you can learn from the forum, when it comes down to YOUR fishing, the only way to learn relating to YOUR fishing is for you to try things out.

You have an idea of rigs, or hook set-ups, and how to get the best rig for your fishing, even then it is dependant on whether small fish are a nuisance or not, and that information I gave you in my previous post.

Now it is down to YOU as to how you utilise that information. Then when you have learnt from the fishing it will be a lesson for you to remember, that is called EXPERIENCE :wink: